Hi from Wiltshire, UK

Justinitus

Feb 15, 2022
Wiltshire UK
Hi all.

Having recently dabbled in ebikes with an Orbea Gain flat bar then a Giant Roam E+ to see what I liked, I decided I wanted a hardtail. So I sold both the Gain and the Roam (both bought used) and ordered a Cube Reaction Hybrid EXC 750. Very pleased with my choice - easy enough to pedal with little or no assistance, plus the 85nm motor to get my fairly hefty self up the fairly steep local hills is a breeze. The 750w battery, whilst huge, should give me a decent days ride. Only done 30 miles so far as the weather is dreadful, but loving it so far. It’s taken me places I avoided on my Surly or Trek fat bike as I couldn’t climb them.

D041B654-E53B-4567-A983-14C24BFBF55C.jpeg

Wudzi

Feb 14, 2022
Andover
Got the exact same bike - Was just waiting until I take it out next before taking a picture for here! Really impressed with the range. I got from Andover to Winchester and back which was about 45 miles and still have about 30% left when I got back.

Justinitus

Feb 15, 2022
Wiltshire UK
Got the exact same bike - Was just waiting until I take it out next before taking a picture for here! Really impressed with the range. I got from Andover to Winchester and back which was about 45 miles and still have about 30% left when I got back.

Congrats on the bike Wudzi! What sort of terrain was that? I’ve done 33 miles so far and still showing 68% but that’s a mix of lanes, canal towpath and some off road hills. I’m 100kg so I’m pretty impressed too. Impressed with the overall comfort of the bike and particularly the tyres - I was expecting the Smart Sams to be poor but they’re actually great on roads and overall good enough for my type of riding. Changed the saddle out for an Ergon though as I found the Cube one too short. Bike arrived with a really badly bent rear rotor (which Tredz replaced no problem) but it took a good while to get the brakes rub free. Never had Maguras before but now set up properly they’re really impressive. First proper electric bike and can’t stop smiling.

Wudzi

Feb 14, 2022
Andover
Congrats on the bike Wudzi! What sort of terrain was that? I’ve done 33 miles so far and still showing 68% but that’s a mix of lanes, canal towpath and some off road hills. I’m 100kg so I’m pretty impressed too. Impressed with the overall comfort of the bike and particularly the tyres - I was expecting the Smart Sams to be poor but they’re actually great on roads and overall good enough for my type of riding. Changed the saddle out for an Ergon though as I found the Cube one too short. Bike arrived with a really badly bent rear rotor (which Tredz replaced no problem) but it took a good while to get the brakes rub free. Never had Maguras before but now set up properly they’re really impressive. First proper electric bike and can’t stop smiling.
Komoot says 2100 feet of climbing. It was mostly quiet roads and gravel but after about 30 miles I was starting to feel it a bit and did a fair bit in eMTB which will have sapped the battery. I think it would do 65 in tour+ and 100 in eco.

I am tempted to change the saddle but will give it a few more weeks. I've changed the pedals and grips (both DRM's) in orange and put in a dropper, although thats largely just for comfort when stopping/dismounting more than anything on trails as I'm new to ebikes as well. Will take some pics next time I'm out.

My brakes were both rubbing out the box and needed adjusting but the rotors were ok.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles