Fulgur Mula, 160mm Travel EMTB

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Just arrived, this Fulgur eMTB.

160mm travel front and rear, 504Wh internal AND 126Wh internal range extender. 160mm travel with EXT Era V2 and Storia E shock. Mullet, 22.59KG with both batteries, with tubes. Polini motor that's fully user serviceable with kits sold by the manufacturer.

DSC01398.jpg

DSC01401.jpg

DSC01403.jpg

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01405.jpg

DSC01406.jpg

DSC01407.jpg

DSC01414.jpg

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01412.jpg

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Just arrived, this Fulgur eMTB.

160mm travel front and rear, 504Wh internal AND 126Wh internal range extender. 160mm travel with EXT Era V2 and Storia E shock. Mullet, 22.59KG with both batteries, with tubes. Polini motor that's fully user serviceable with kits sold by the manufacturer.

View attachment 82302
View attachment 82305

View attachment 82306

View attachment 82307

View attachment 82308

View attachment 82309

View attachment 82310

View attachment 82311

View attachment 82312

View attachment 82313

View attachment 82314

View attachment 82315
That's a thing of beauty Rob
Any UK dealer backup ?
Availability ?
Price ?

Thanks

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
That's a thing of beauty Rob
Any UK dealer backup ?
Availability ?
Price ?

Thanks
Yes

Berkshire Cycles are the exclusive UK dealer
£7300
Stock in UK now at Berkshire but sold out but new stuff coming in every month.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Should be fairly easy to get down to 22kg if wanted.
Modular battery, DIY motor care, and big top shelf suspension make it a winner in my book.

Do we know any figures on geometry?

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
Good to meet you on Thursday Rob.

Can't wait to get my shiny new Mula back from the wrapper's shop next week.

With regards to the weight, I'd be very concerned about a 20kg bike with a 625 battery, full fat motor, coil shock, alloy wheels, alloy cranks and alloy bars.
The frame would have to be tissue thin and no use to anbody.

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
It would be interesting to see some sort of 'hook to flat' landing in slow-mo, to see if the hydraulic bump stop reduces the rear wheel hop after landing that you always tend to see with elastic bump stops overpowering the rebound circuit from bottom out, as the energy gets released.

MadTurnip

Jan 14, 2021
Dublin, Ireland
looks really good and love the component choice. Unfortunately I already have an ebike so will have to wait a few years to consider getting one. The serviceable motor is great to see even if only select locations service them in each country its something better than going straight to Shimano to never be seen or heard form again. Will hopefully try an EXT shock in the next year or two as I want to change over to a coil at some point. Display computer is a bit much and do prefer the more slimline shimano option.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
By the time I will be ready to get a new bike the Fulgar Mula will be on maybe its third iteration. Hopefully by then they will have sorted out the bar furniture and display. What gives me a lot of motivation to at least strongly consider one is the motor repairability. I have never had a problem with my Shimano motors, I just don't like their approach. :(
Best wishes to Berkshire Cycles for taking the risk. Now their approach to customer service, I like! :)

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Ahh! the good old mate. I've got one of those who's on his third motor on his Levo. If only you'd asked before you bought yours I could have saved you a lot of heartache.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I have had two Alfas. 156 and 159, I kept both 3 years without problems. Ciao Bella!

Over the last forty years I've had thirteen Alfas Mcharza. I have two at the moment, a Giulia and a Stelvio and I luv em.

One of the best things is that they are not clitoris cars and I doubt the Fulgar will ever be a clitoris bike either.

mastakilla

Apr 25, 2020
usa
i dont understand the battery choices. if you cant take out the extender easily, what good is it for lightening the bike weight for short days? And two separate charges for the batteries? This is not a design that has been optimized doesnt sound like. I do however want to see how extra powerful the motor is, that is the only intriguing thing I see here

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
i dont understand the battery choices. if you cant take out the extender easily, what good is it for lightening the bike weight for short days? And two separate charges for the batteries? This is not a design that has been optimized doesnt sound like. I do however want to see how extra powerful the motor is, that is the only intriguing thing I see here

You wouldn't complain if it just had a 630 battery with no flexibility though?

It's arrived at this design because it originally was a 500 that has had a separate 130 added quite recently, because some people want the bigger capacity. To add the extra meant making it less easy to remove, that's all.

It's just less easy to remove the extra than it is to remove the 500.

Maybe consider that it's 19kg full power bike with a 130 battery, with the option to add another 500 extender inside the frame?

Polini are quite a small company, so hopefully should be quite dynamic when it comes to design changes. I think it would be great to see an internal 300+300 battery setup myself.

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
You wouldn't complain if it just had a 630 battery with no flexibility though?

It's arrived at this design because it originally was a 500 that has had a separate 130 added quite recently, because some people want the bigger capacity. To add the extra meant making it less easy to remove, that's all.

It's just less easy to remove the extra than it is to remove the 500.

Maybe consider that it's 19kg full power bike with a 130 battery, with the option to add another 500 extender inside the frame?

Polini are quite a small company, so hopefully should be quite dynamic when it comes to design changes. I think it would be great to see an internal 300+300 battery setup myself.
The more modules the better if you ask me. It can easily be done by just having separate groups of the same voltage. So you can just keep adding more AH (parallel groups). It could be bricks of 36v and 3ah, approx 100wh per module...... Or similar layout. If it were 6ah at 36v you would need 20 cells per brick. Room for 3 or 4 bricks of 216wh each.

Last edited:

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
Keeping the water out of all the joints would be difficult with many joints, but I'm in full agreement that energy flexibility is a good thing.

The new Bosch setup, and others like it with a fixed heavy 700+ battery, doesn't appeal to me one bit.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles