150/160mm travel enough for an EMTB?

Cseven

May 25, 2021
Seattle
looking to purchase the Marin alpine trail E2 but am a little hesitant on the suspension travel... I like to ride aggressive tech and gravity style trails. This bikes geo, rear coil setup, 630wh battery ticks all the boxes for what im looking for but the lack of travel has me a bit timid. Just curious if anyone can vouch that with the bikes capable and aggressive geometry and spec it would be enough for my style of rides. Also what if I changed the fox 38 travel from 160 to 170 and put a progressive rear coil on it?

Thanks!

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I think you would be fine, very modern geometry & decent forks & coil shock lots of enduro riders on the Ibis Ripmo 147mm rear travel, Jono Jones was racing on 145mm rear Pivot no issues

EMTBNewbie

Jun 14, 2021
California
The 160 to 170 is a centimeter difference, from my experiences, coming off my regular bike with Fox Factory Racing 38 180mm suspension to my current turbo levo with 160mm travel, I see very little difference. From my experience with you’ll get more out of suspension setup for your riding then out of the travel. I even took out travel from my enduro bike but had the suspension set to my style and I like notably more.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles