Dropper seatpost for Turbo levo fsr 2019

Goldmyu

Dec 13, 2018
Ta
Hi,

Just ordered my very first Emtb - turbo levo fsr 2019 Size Large,
Looking to add a 34.9 diameter dropper seatpost to it, my LBS doesn't have this size so I would be looking to order it online, any specific recommendation?

Thanks for the help,
Yuval
AC77CB8C-9894-48AC-9253-058508FACF7F.jpeg

Goldmyu

Dec 13, 2018
Ta
just get a sleeve to reduce it down to a readily available diameter dropper
I've heard that this could void the warranty and generally does not result in good performance... I saw that the comp modle comes equipped with a x-fusion manic with diameter of 34.9 but couldn't find these available online

Dwazzer

Oct 10, 2018
Cumbria UK
I've heard that this could void the warranty and generally does not result in good performance... I saw that the comp modle comes equipped with a x-fusion manic with diameter of 34.9 but couldn't find these available online
No mate, warranty will be fine ;) As said, the easiest way is to get a shim
to reduce the dia to 31.6 (spesh actually use shims in some of their bikes anyway!) OR you could go for the BikeYoke Revive dropper which is made in a 34.9 version!

I have opted for a shim on my bike!

Cheers, Dave.

Goldmyu

Dec 13, 2018
Ta
No mate, warranty will be fine ;) As said, the easiest way is to get a shim
to reduce the dia to 31.6 (spesh actually use shims in some of their bikes anyway!) OR you could go for the BikeYoke Revive dropper which is made in a 34.9 version!

I have opted for a shim on my bike!

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Dwazzer,

Edit: just saw your other replay, thanks... Any particular dropper seatpost that you recommend?

thanks for the reply, is there any shim in particular that will yield the best fit and will place it snuggly inside the fram? what dropper did you go with? what are the dimensions of it? travel\toal length etc...
Thanks,
Yuval.

Last edited:

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I've been using a shim from superstar components from day 1 with a fox transfer post. No issues at all. Specialized shimmed their own bikes. That opens up the dropper post market for you.

I started a thread on this a few months back. Do a search and it'll show you the 34.9 post options if you still wanna go that route.

Goldmyu

Dec 13, 2018
Ta
I've been using a shim from superstar components from day 1 with a fox transfer post. No issues at all. Specialized shimmed their own bikes. That opens up the dropper post market for you.

I started a thread on this a few months back. Do a search and it'll show you the 34.9 post options if you still wanna go that route.

Great, so I'll go with a shim, is it better to take a 31.6 or 30.9? Or either way is ok? What's the maximum length the large frame can take?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Shims are fine, I used one for years on 27.2 mm dia dropper in bikes with a larger seat tube. One unexpected bonus from using a shim is that you will NEVER get your seat post stuck in the seat tube. If you use a plastic shim, then check the collar at the top from time to time as they can break off and the shim can slip down the seat tube (not in use obs, but after you have removed the dropper). If that happens to you, just pull them out with an old gear cable bent at the end.

In an emergency, I have even made my own shims, cut with a pair of scissors from a coke can or similar.

Dwazzer

Oct 10, 2018
Cumbria UK
Hi Dwazzer,

Edit: just saw your other replay, thanks... Any particular dropper seatpost that you recommend?

thanks for the reply, is there any shim in particular that will yield the best fit and will place it snuggly inside the fram? what dropper did you go with? what are the dimensions of it? travel\toal length etc...
Thanks,
Yuval.
Hey mate,

I have gone for the crank brothers Highline droppper...it’s a 31.6mm post and I got a shim from winstanleys ;) I’m afraid I can’t give you a review yet as it’s my Christmas present so I won’t have it for a couple of weeks (Father Christmas has it at the mo’!) I still have the Wu dropper fitted, which is working fine btw, but I wanted more drop hence the 160mm Highline! I’ve used the reverb in the past with no issues, and also another (regular) command post again with no issue! I’d go for a post that has reasonable reviews and offers the drop you want...but most importantly, is the price you want to pay ?

Good luck with it all, and let us know how you get on ?

Cheers, Dave.

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
I have the Highline 160 mm dropper on my regular bike, it seems a higher quality and works way more refined than the command post that is on my 19 Levo, in fact I think the older command post dropper worked better, go figure...
The only thing that I do not like about the Highline is the fact that it is a bit slow both ways.

Goldmyu

Dec 13, 2018
Ta
I purchased a 'X Fusion Manic Dropper Seatpost T:150mm, Internal 34.9mm' from Amazon for $120. This is what they put on the other Levo models. No shims needed.
Not sure if there are any left.
Sounds like a great deal, could not find that on Amazon though /:

lookhear

Sep 18, 2018
Cape Town
Hey mate,

I have gone for the crank brothers Highline droppper...it’s a 31.6mm post and I got a shim from winstanleys ;) I’m afraid I can’t give you a review yet as it’s my Christmas present so I won’t have it for a couple of weeks (Father Christmas has it at the mo’!) I still have the Wu dropper fitted, which is working fine btw, but I wanted more drop hence the 160mm Highline! I’ve used the reverb in the past with no issues, and also another (regular) command post again with no issue! I’d go for a post that has reasonable reviews and offers the drop you want...but most importantly, is the price you want to pay ?

Good luck with it all, and let us know how you get on ?

Cheers, Dave.

Check the overall length of the Highline 160mm Dropper and how high you would like your saddle - it didn't fit in my Large Levo (2019).
Says it's 465mm overall but there's an extra 50mm (approx) for the attachment point.

To add to the shim conversation: I used a 30.9 dropper with a shim - works perfectly.

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
I bought a Levo Comp for myself. Bought the wife the Levo turbo. Now I'd like to get her a dropper but shop said I'll need to buy a $500 blue tooth dropper since install of a regular dropper would be really expensive, that true?

Boots3150

Sep 24, 2018
Melbourne
I bought a Levo Comp for myself. Bought the wife the Levo turbo. Now I'd like to get her a dropper but shop said I'll need to buy a $500 blue tooth dropper since install of a regular dropper would be really expensive, that true?
Some shops have found better ways to route cable that is easier to install (no motor removal) and provides better actuation than stock route.
So ring around for install quotes or DIY

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
I just looked at the shop manual from one of the sticky posts at the top of this section and the dropper post installation is covered in detail an does not seem that hard to do, no need to remove the motor. An experienced bike shop will take 2 hours tops to install it, if you have experience working on bikes and the few required tools you could do it yourself following the manual, no need to go bluetooth and spend a lot of money or external IMO.

Four Flusher

Jun 24, 2019
Reno
I just looked at the shop manual from one of the sticky posts at the top of this section and the dropper post installation is covered in detail an does not seem that hard to do, no need to remove the motor. An experienced bike shop will take 2 hours tops to install it, if you have experience working on bikes and the few required tools you could do it yourself following the manual, no need to go bluetooth and spend a lot of money or external IMO.

Thanks, I was thinking the same

2manytickets

Dec 7, 2018
California
yup. I installed one myself. Not to difficult. Remove the shock and a couple of guide plates and run the housing. The hardest part is getting the cable housing the right length. No special tools needed.

GCWNZ

Dec 6, 2018
Wellington NZ
I have just recently Installed the Brand-X Ascend Dropper post from Chainreaction along with a shim. Routing was a bit fiddly but got there in the end. Make sure you go down and around the shadow loop as described in the service manual. I also went with a wolf tooth remote so i could attach it to the Sram Code RSC via matchmaker which eliminates an extra collar on the bars.

Jpzeroday

Sep 16, 2018
Nevada
Problem Solvers shim and the new OneUp Dropper 2.0 at 180mm is working awesomely.

OneUp has the shortest stack, so you can get max drop. I’m a 32” inseam and got the 180mm of drop on a Large Levo ‘19, no problem. The 180 can be adjusted to 170 or 160 easily, too if you need a shorter drop. I have two Revives on my acoustic bikes. The actuation and return is comparable.

Command Post stinks. For me, it detracted from the bike (along with the subpar componetry on the Expert. I’ve replaced fork, shock, wheels, tires, and dropper. For this price, that was lame)...but, now it’s a ripper!

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
I used the spec post for a while but it was sticky. It got the point where i had to put suspension grease on it every ride. When i removed it i was shocked that it is not even the correct dimension as it is only 34.9 for an inch before it tapers to 31 +/-. No wonder it slipped regularly and needed to be way over tightened. I put in a 34.9 lev inegra 175 and it's night and day better. The spec lever and cable housing were retained so installation was simple.

arneweber

Jul 14, 2019
Germany
Could you Share a link? I can only find the Motor removal Instruction.
Thanks in advance :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles