Bontrager rapid pack

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
Does anyone have any experience of these or can suggest a better alternative ?

As there's no space for a water bottle on my incoming meta power I need to carry a drink and a few bits. I think most of the time I'll only be out for a couple of hours at a time.

Screenshot_2019-05-23 Bontrager Rapid Pack Black - Buy Online £39 95.png

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Dakine hotlaps 2l waist pack £30
Dakine Hot Laps 2L Bike Waist Bag | Dakine
Holds loads. has handy compartments for organising stuff and a fold away bottle pouchthat holds waterbottles securely
or
a simple runners waterbottle belt (most have a pocket for keys/money/phone £10 (beware some don't fit bike waterbottles (Karimor ones do and are around half RRP at Sports direct)
Karrimor | Bottle Belt | Running Bags and Bottle Belts
and combine it with a hotlaps gripper frame bag for your spares (tube/Co2/tools etc.) £19
Dakine Hot Laps Gripper Bike Bag | Dakine
small but holds the essentials nice n securely.
top tip: put a patch of mastic on your frame so it grips even more securely.

I use the 2l bag as well as the gripper for my commute as I need to carry a few extra things I wouldn't need on a ride
but on actual rides I use the second option with a runners arm strap for my phone.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
As for the option you've asked about. no idea. Never used it but I'd never want a waterbottle carried centrally over my lower spine.
I ride fast technical stuff and when i crash it tends to be a biggie.

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
Thanks Gary I'll check those out. The water bottle / spine was my big concern having had back surgery last year

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
I went for the Dakine hotlaps 2l waist pack in the end. Tried it this morning and it's perfect for what I need. Even with a full water bottle you can barely feel it.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
A lot of members are using the Da Kine offerings - I think that Da Kine have really nailed it with the products in their Hot Laps range

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles