Advice... New 2020 Levo arrived damaged from TREDZ

KrisScott1990

Jun 14, 2020
Edinburgh
Well the new Levo arrvied today and with the box in some state.
Multi Tool on Driveway, Buckled rear Wheel and Bent derailer completly unrideable

TREDZ have said expect a call back this week regarding warranty claim.

I also noticed the manufacture date of it is 2019... so i guess this is the motor that has the issues.

IMG_1061(3).JPEG

IMG_1063(3).JPEG

IMG_1066(3).JPEG

IMG_1068(3).JPEG

IMG_1069(4).JPEG

IMG_1072(3).JPEG

KrisScott1990

Jun 14, 2020
Edinburgh
More bad news, the front caliper is not fitted right and threaded. Sending it back. Absolutley ridicolous. Wish i had been in to reject delivery

IMG_1076(2).JPEG

Bigxmtb

May 24, 2020
UK
More bad news, the front caliper is not fitted right and threaded. Sending it back. Absolutley ridicolous. Wish i had been in to reject delivery

Ye get rid asap. Would never accept that and they have a legal right to fix it or you could get enough money out of them to afford 3 of those bikes lol. 14 days without exception is your right to return on anything bought online

Spreaders

May 4, 2020
Cornwall
Reject it, they should pay collection and issue full refund on receipt back. Hoping you bought on credit card so you can claim through that if you have any trouble.

May 30, 2020
St newlyn east
Any advice welcome to get this resolved ASAP as i just sold my two YT's over the weekend as i knew this was coming today.
I dont want to piss you off anymore than you are but Tredz are an absolute nightmare to get hold of it took them 5 weeks to change my motor there customer service is terrible would definatly lookinto a refund and buy else were good luck

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever
I would send it straight back at there expense and get a full refund ASP Personally I would never buy a bike and get it shipped out in a box I just don’t trust couriers. My Cube is up for sale in classified and will be pick up only so I know. It’s in the same condition when picked up as when photos were taken. I have had two peaple ask me if I will courier it but have said no even though they said they would pay upfront for bike etc. I want to guarantee they will get what is advertised. Good luck with this.

Fingerpuk

Apr 8, 2020
Kent
I’ve bought from Tredz with no issues at all. This does look shoddy as hell though.

I’ve returned items before no issues. Don’t panic, you’re covered legally on this. Reject it, send back for refund.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I wouldn't worry too much about the motor date. They do incremental updates, but the 2020 ones theoretically have all of them as standard at that point. The odds of it breaking are still tiny in the scheme of things.

Re the box, the first picture does say "recycle". I think someone got confused at Tredz and took that too literally, it's clearly been re-"cycled" several times and has previously delivered at least 20 bikes to happy owners.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
I think alot of this isn't Tredz issue, this is a courier issue. They have abused the box and package. You can see the guy struggling to carry it - its an ebike, so over the legal limit for a single man lift. It should have been delivered by 2 people.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Do Tredz always ship bikes in a Tredz branded box? Shouldn't it be in a manufacturers branded box, in this case Specialized? Makes me wonder if it was a previous customer return or ex showroom bike.

I’ve never bought a bike from Tredz, but I have bought from Evans online. They ‘build’ the bike for you, and set up the gears, brakes etc, and test ride. They then remove the bars and pedals, and fit into their own bigger box to ship - with everything attached. It came with some tools too. I think Tredz do the same build and test procedure?

I‘ve had a Stumpjumper delivered in a Specialized box before, which had nothing attached and I had to put on the wheels, bars, saddle - and tune the gears etc myself. Different shops have different setup policies.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
I‘ve had a Stumpjumper delivered in a Specialized box before, which had nothing attached and I had to put on the wheels, bars, saddle - and tune the gears etc myself. Different shops have different setup policies.
So I have been told a couple of times, Specialized do not allow dealerships to do this anymore, and all bikes should be built in the stores workshop before shipping out.

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
Tredz is/was a long standing family bike store in Swansea.... they grew and eventually had various buy outs / part ownership and investment, they last of which was Halfords as a shareholder and helped them get the online business moving.

I've had a few bikes from there, including my Levo which also arrived with a bump from the courier. When I called they couldn't have been more appalled that the new bike had a ding and were super helpful with sorting a fix and also gave me £200 vouchers for the trouble.

What you have there is properly disappointing - the damage from the courier and the possible mis-fitting of the brakes. From my experience they will be very helpful. I hear they are off the back of their best 4 months trading ever and the call/customer service team is properly overloaded and so call wait times are long. Email is a good way of communicating.

Maybe issue them with a firm email with the pictures and if you don't get anywhere start copying in Specialized customer services with your emails so they can see the support the brand is getting from a registered dealer. As mentioned though - I've found their customer support couldn't do enough when I had an issue.

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
Do not allow them to talk about warenty, its a return. It's got way too many problems, you don't want to be waiting on individual components from different suppliers!

KrisScott1990

Jun 14, 2020
Edinburgh
Evening Everyone!

good news, after a lengthy and firm call with a rather unhelpful person at Tredz who told me I might be faster ordering a new one and getting a refund on mine, then to expect delivery in July, I managed to work my way up to the Head of Operations who got the bike collected today, and will be dispatching another bike this week once my ones been inspected!

nightmare having to wait another week, but let’s hope this one comes in good nick.

It was the same driver who collected it that dropped it off and he was very sorry and explained that they are putting these out with trolleys and for one man delivery and that it was like that when collected from the depo Monday morning and he had noted this on the delivery.

i also noticed that the weight for the box is down as 15KG on the delivery and return.

Tredz have been helpful in the fast turn around after escalation.

I also got a call from Chris at Berkshire who was very helpful and informative.

best,

kris

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Well the new Levo arrvied today and with the box in some state.
Multi Tool on Driveway, Buckled rear Wheel and Bent derailer completly unrideable

TREDZ have said expect a call back this week regarding warranty claim.

I also noticed the manufacture date of it is 2019... so i guess this is the motor that has the issues.

View attachment 34102

View attachment 34103

View attachment 34104

View attachment 34105

View attachment 34106

View attachment 34107
As a retailer it's quite simple, the goods are not fit for purpose, it's not a warranty issue, the issue is the way it has been packed by Tredz and the resulting damage due to their incompetence.
I would give Tredz the opportunity to resolve the issue by issuing you a full refund and for them to collect the bike, your contract is with Tredz and not Specialized so you must insist on that point in any communication, preferably via email so as you can keep an electronic paper trail of what is said and agreed upon, give them a timescale of 7 working days to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, if not resolved within the time frame then I would advise you proceed with a section 75 as is your right .

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Just a little more advice / information when contacting Tredz via email, you.may want to cc the following into your emails,

Graham Stapleton is the CEO of Halfords, they own Tredz, his email address is,
[email protected]

Rob Keates is the newly appointed MD of Tredz and transitional Director of Halfords the only email address I can find for him is as follows
[email protected]
[email protected]

blackcat

Jan 17, 2020
Forest of Dean
In defence of Tredz, I have had a few bikes from them . A Mondraker e vantage arrived in a very battered box , quick look and it was fine so accepted it. let them know the box was badly damaged which they did acknowledge. Had lots of various bits off them as well with out an issue.
I would happily get bike from them again

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles