Tredz Lightly :) get it

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
I should of headed the advice

New bike for the other half , Orbea Occam , arrived yesterdau . via TNT , Box ok , contents not !

I could have protected a bike better with both arms tied behind my back and a blindfold. few scrap bit of carboard stuck to the frame with some shitty tape , that probably will pull the paint off :(

Anyway derailleur hanger bent possibly , was not shifting at all well, and could not be fixed by barrel adjustment alone,

Brake hoses looked far too long on the rear , nearly touching the spokes , this is prob not Tredz fault , but surely picked up by one of their" Cytech" mechanics :)..

Even little things like the rear Derailleur cable end crimp, just feel off , not crimped , just shite attention to detail.

Dropper post lever , first pull on that cable sheared , then I took a quick look inside the seat post and the external cable was like a U shape toilet bend.

So onto phone, long wait eventually get to speak to some one , can you take some photos , no I say, you can have the bike back and send me another , Oh we have none of that model in stock now!!

After long telcon , eventually agreed to return bike , said they would confirm by email , nothing ! but agreed a time window.

So boxed it back up , proper this time , with my own packaging and collected by TNT today, outside of the time agreed , luckily I was in .

Moral of the story is for Tredz , TRED lightly

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
So you sent the bike back because of a bent hanger, poor dropper cable routing and hoses that you thought needed shortening?
would it not have made more sense to simply ask Tredz for compensation/discount and to be sent out a new mech hanger, cables, hose barb and insert and sort these things out yourself in a time when bike availability is so sparse?

Most of your grievance seems to be with the courier.

If I was your Missus I'd have kicked you out :sneaky:

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
So you sent the bike back because of a bent hanger, poor dropper cable routing and hoses that you thought needed shortening?
would it not have made more sense to simply ask Tredz for compensation/discount and to be sent out a new mech hanger, cables, hose barb and insert and sort these things out yourself in a time when bike availability is so sparse?

Most of your grievance seems to be with the courier.

If I was your Missus I'd have kicked you out :sneaky:
Yes I would too , ref the misses , but call me old fashioned , just spent nearly 3K on a new bike , did not expect to have to repair it out of box , I did ask by the way , could I repair it myself / discount , good will and was told no, invalidate the warranty , " We need to assess it", courier was fine , box was ok externally , it was the bag o shite inside of the box that was not , TNT guy no problem :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Ah... ok. Fair enough then. Plenty other mail order online shops would have offered to let you have the bike assessed/repaired at your LBS at their cost (to a limit) Servicing/repair work done by you or another shop doesn't invalidate a warranty at all so whoever you talked to was talking shit about that. But TBH TREDZ is more of a drop shipping company than a genuine bike shop.

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
Ah... ok. Fair enough then. Plenty other mail order online shops would have offered to let you have the bike assessed/repaired at your LBS at their cost (to a limit) Servicing/repair work done by you or another shop doesn't invalidate a warranty at all so whoever you talked to was talking shit about that. But TBH TREDZ is more of a drop shipping company than a genuine bike shop.
Yes. agree ,even had my over expensive park tool routing kit at the ready , but to no avail , oh well , wait and see what happens , Yes I knew the lady on the other end of the phone was talking shite ref warranty, also but by that point I lost the will to live :), It does look a pain the internal routing though so for my sanity , i would of taken down to the guys at Summit in Aberystwyth who are top , Wish I had got her a Trek Fuel instead , but she did not like the geometry :) , ungrateful cow :)

mooby77

Jun 28, 2020
Snowdonia
Yes. agree ,even had my over expensive park tool routing kit at the ready , but to no avail , oh well , wait and see what happens , Yes I knew the lady on the other end of the phone was talking shite ref warranty, also but by that point I lost the will to live :), It does look a pain the internal routing though so for my sanity , i would of taken down to the guys at Summit in Aberystwyth who are top , Wish I had got her a Trek Fuel instead , but she did not like the geometry :) , ungrateful cow :)
Update , well it took 2 weeks , multiple phone calls , email , but got the bike repaired , New hanger , new outer and inner cable , rear wheel trued ,gears re-indexed , finally received bike back yesterday. had a couple of minor scratches , went out last night in the Dyfi forest and put a few more on so no worries there :) Then got an email from Tredz this morning , apologising with a £200.00 voucher , already spent :), so fair play Tredz for coming good in the end.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles