TREDZ or DREDZ as they should be known

Jasext

Mar 27, 2020
Swansea Valley
Yet again this company amazes me. Placed an order for 2 items , Mudguard and knee pads,, they take 6 days (yes 6) to dispatch them, 1 item turns up after another 5 days the other no where to be seen, contact dredz online and they tell me i have to wait at least 10 working days from dispatch to claim for lost items. I ask for tracking number but they don't use that service . I had items delivered from abroad quicker than these clowns

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans
I ordered a tyre, sealant and valves on the 13/12. They say they might send them on the 21 or 22. If I had seen this date (or paid attention) I would have gone elsewhere. Even for a Corona Christmas time that is slow for an online retailer.

CBSTD

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2020
thoK0north
Don’t expect any after sales service from them, great for buying bikes can’t be more helpful but any warranty claim you’re doomed my mates Levo needed a new motor 4 weeks came back a cable was trapped which eventually broke. Yogi diagnosed the issue sent bike bike as requested 6 weeks to get it back after weeks of phoning and badgering them

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’ve had a mixed experience with them and have used them loads of times. Mainly good experiences, but had a couple that I’d consider poor, and one absolutely diabolical!

It was just a pair of gloves, but wow - what an ar$e they made of it. Took 3 shots to get the right pair - with me having to return them wrong ones in between each shot. Overall took over 2 months!

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
My order placed 6 days ago has just been dispatched. How are these guys still in business, when the likes of Amazon, Wiggle, Evans etc all do next day delivery?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I ordered from them once, items never arrived, useless customer service. Ended up getting my credit card company to get me the money back.

That was 2019 and have never touched them since.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Tredz have never let me down, decent price and a discount code always pops up if your not impatient.
BUT, they do seam a bit slow compared to their obvious competitors.

Merlin and Chain Reaction got new road shoes and pedals to me last week in less than 24 hrs, using standard free P&P.

Same ref Merlin - latest order placed on Sunday with free p&p, arrived Monday ?

N9VNS

Jun 26, 2020
South Wales
Ordered grips and a 35mm exposure light handlebar mount from them on January 12th. Still yet to be dispatched so I checked my emails, estimated dispatch 22-25th of January. Minimum of 10 days after ordering, had I known that when ordering I would have gone elsewhere. The first and probably the last time I’ll order from them unless I really have to. Usually use chain reaction cycles (wiggle) and have never had a single problem. Always fast delivery and I had great customer service when returning a pair of faulty troy lee design gloves back in the summer.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Tredz seems to be either ACE or CRAP with nothing in between, which is odd. :unsure:

I think it’s because a lot of what they advertise, they don’t actually hold in stock.
Stock items come quickly as they ship them straight away. Non stock has to come from the manufacturer / supplier, and then be shipped to them - then they ship it out.

That was definitely the issue I had with faulty gloves... taking weeks to come from Fox

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
I was recently told that Tredz was bought by Halfords.
Used them for years and they were great, but recently (18 months?) the parts delivery has been very poor.
However, I also recently bought an E-Gravel bike from them and the delivery and service were terrific.
I was confused, so the next time I had an issue with parts I asked customer service about the difference and was told that parts come from a different warehouse than the bikes.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I can still remember when Halfords used to see some trick gear. It's a shame they stopped doing it.

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
Yup, 5 years ago.
No doubt to buy into the market share that didn't see Halfords as a credible bike and kit retailer.

I use Tredz and Halfords, both are generally great.
You can get some serious deals pop up on Halfords.

How is the E gravel bike, what did you get?
I got a Canondale Topstone NEO SL with the Ebikemotion hub motor. Lot to say on it, both good and bad.
Bought it to ride King Alfreds Way with my fitter friends. I'd have been better off on an acoustic hardtail MTB. I wanted a Kinesis Range flat bar but couldn't get one and saw the 'Dale --- ooooh shiney---- and went for it. Tredz dispatched it in 2 days. In its basic guise it is too harsh for gravel for someone of my weight.
The hub motor isn't good when it comes to very steep stuff >12% because there is no gearing between the drive and the wheel. I knew I needed an extender battery for the trip, but couldn't get one in time, so could never use enough power.
When I got back from KAW I thought I'd sell the bike, but then went out on the roads on it with the same fitter friends. Absolute revelation. Also when I got back from KAW the extender was waiting. That enabled me to use the top supported mode of the motor much more and on the rolling roads of SE Wales it has been terrific. I have just bought a second extender ready for a trip to the alps next summer. Absolutely love the bike now and the rides with mates are a real delight rather than a painful slog.
The change in attitude is what is making me rethink the bike for gravel too. I will have an MTB front wheel/tyre for that purpose and I may put a redshift shockstop stem on my Christmas list.

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
Yup, been there, done that... ?

Perfect though, for keeping up with fit mates on the road.
Add a pair of lighter road wheels and tires to the Christmas list for the road trips (plus cassette and rotors)
Then better gravel/MTB tires on your OEM wheels.
Watching wheels on Ebay as I write. Tricky thing is the hub motor. Might have to build a good dual purpose rear wheel with the one motor.
The other tricky thing on road duties is the assistance cut off of 25kph. On the flat, all acoustic bikes roll faster than that and I can't keep up with friends, owing to weight and drag. I tried Volabike solution which they did warn was untested on my x35+ motor and they were right. Works for a bit and is great, but then the assistance stops completely until the controller is reset. So I have a Volabike dongle for x35 (should work for that model) for sale if anyone is interested.

Zaskar20

Aug 17, 2021
UK
Ordered my eMTB from them. Arrived really quickly (I checked item was in stock beforehand). Excellent service AND when you contact them there is someone on the end of the phone that knows what they are doing/talking about.
I've ordered from them since with no problems too.

As a rule of thumb I never order anything from anywhere unless it is in stock.

Choppersquad

Nov 10, 2021
Leatherhead
I ordered a few things from them and one wasn't in stock but they phoned me straight away to find out if I was happy to wait or whether I wanted to cancel that item?
Every other time no problem with stock or delivery.
I guess if you ask around they'll be a few horror stories about any online shop.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles