2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
Hi all,
i'm trying to install the sponge i've just made, but i'm not clear on how to reach the position on "the back" where the sponge should be fitted.

I have removed the carter via unscrewing the three screws, but the back side is still covered by a plate, am i supposed to remove something else on top of the carter?

Thanks
You only need to remove the side cover, what I also did as explained in post 1156 was to empty the air from the shock and used a strap to hold the suspension compressed to gain access to the gap to assist in positioning the sponge and to confirm that ir was blocking the gap. You have to push it thru the middle of the support and then position it in place.

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
Sounds like work to me, I charge $150 an hour, plus rental on tools. Don’t forget, when taking it in for all these RECALL items, every week, if you factor in the time it takes to drive it to the shop, gas, driver, wear and tear on the transport vehicle, insurance, meals for the caddy driver, time off work, time spent making appointments at the shop, ordering RECALL parts, it’s all adding up. The bike now could be costing customers approaching approx. 14k for the Comp. with all the planning, repairs, loading and unloading in the vehicle, but the ride is awesome.

Simon_t

Nov 18, 2018
Herne Bay, UK
The delimiter/governor hack doesn't appear to work on the 2019?
Will the larger chain overcome the speed?
i use the bike often as recovery from a major acccident and ride with my roadie mates but can't keep up om the flat.
Suggestions!!
No, the speed is measured using the magnetic sensor at the back wheel. Changing the chainring has no effect on the rear wheel speed - you would have to increase the diameter of the rear wheel.

Simon

Rideup

Dec 9, 2018
Pyrenees
Just got my Levo 2019... I was in hesitation with the 2018 Comp Carbon for the same price but I went with the Levo 2019 to get the 2.1 motor. I love it, however I just realized I cannot derestrict it with Blevo.

Has anyone tried the old Bluetooth hack with Lightblue to change the wheel circumference on the 2019 models thus removing the speed cut out limit?

I've read for 2018 Levo the Original value 2255 corresponds to "0200CF08" and I need to switch to 02002003 to get 800mm. However, the 2019 Levo is with 29" weels, any ideas what data to type in?

Thank you!

Decca

Sep 30, 2018
Guisborough
Just got my Levo 2019... I was in hesitation with the 2018 Comp Carbon for the same price but I went with the Levo 2019 to get the 2.1 motor. I love it, however I just realized I cannot derestrict it with Blevo.

Has anyone tried the old Bluetooth hack with Lightblue to change the wheel circumference on the 2019 models thus removing the speed cut out limit?

I've read for 2018 Levo the Original value 2255 corresponds to "0200CF08" and I need to switch to 02002003 to get 800mm. However, the 2019 Levo is with 29" weels, any ideas what data to type in?

Thank you!

Tried it. It doesn't work with the latest motor firmware.

Grant

Dec 8, 2018
New Zealand
No, the speed is measured using the magnetic sensor at the back wheel. Changing the chainring has no effect on the rear wheel speed - you would have to increase the diameter of the rear wheel.

Simon
Thanks, I had the 2018 and did the hack to 800
No issues with flat speed after that
Any thoughts on achieving that with the 2019?

Thomas

Aug 29, 2018
Europe
Rideup, it hasn't worked for me. I had the 2018 before upgrading and no problem.
I need to go faster on the flat!!!
On the flat, it will hit 58 km/h with 36T chainring, at unsustainable cadence around 130+ rpm.
47396567_2161724924082951_5152070969589760000_o.jpg

Procedure will probably pop up in the near future, if BLevo doesn't do it for the masses. Unfortunately, I Can't reveal how is done on TCU 2.025 at the moment, big brother is watching.... :censored:

Last edited:

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK
Just reassembled the motor cover after installing the sponge. Seems to be fairly big gap near the top left edge nearest the tyre. I know this is supposed resolved by the fourth screw (which I don’t have) but concerned I’ve done something wrong.

880DDBA5-986D-4B44-89F2-362B3DE37CC9.jpeg

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Just reassembled the motor cover after installing the sponge. Seems to be fairly big gap near the top left edge nearest the tyre. I know this is supposed resolved by the fourth screw (which I don’t have) but concerned I’ve done something wrong.

View attachment 8806
It will be the battery cable is bulging out a bit, it's a very tight fit and you really have to push it in so it doesn't do this.
I've left mine like yours because otherwise you really have to push in the cable and I feel it's too severe a bend in the cable.
The new cases will sort it

Simon_t

Nov 18, 2018
Herne Bay, UK
It will be the battery cable is bulging out a bit, it's a very tight fit and you really have to push it in so it doesn't do this.
I've left mine like yours because otherwise you really have to push in the cable and I feel it's too severe a bend in the cable.
I had my motor changed and the foam put in by Spesh UK - I thought I would check that crap was being kept out so I loosened the non-drive over screws to have a peek and it was clean, but the rubbber cable/connector seal has split (probably by too much pushing like you say). So I will seal it but report to Spesh.

I asked them about the 4 bolt cover, and they said they had checked for any gaps in the cover and showed me there wasn’t a gap.

Simon

5EFF061B-56FC-4023-B911-32CB8FE86E75.jpeg

9A6DDADE-1FDF-4DA7-8E66-C49861578A45.jpeg

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I have been told the new 4 bolt covers are due in early next year and if You get your dealer to order one they will send one.
On the subject of the battery cable, it is about 12 inches long, but only needs to be about 6 inches long, don't know why they make them so long, when it has to be folded in half with an acute bend in it?
Not only does it not fit in the casing properly, but it is asking to fail with the bend!

Benson

Sep 19, 2018
Hampshire UK

Thanks, will have another go at squishing it in before replacing the crank.

Simon_t

Nov 18, 2018
Herne Bay, UK
Thanks, will have another go at squishing it in before replacing the crank.
You can heat the lower part of the cover with a heat gun (a hair dryer may not be hot enough) and bend it against a hard flat surface so that it takes a set . I took mine off earlier to seal the cable split in my cable, and it didn’t want to go back without a gap - heat gun has bent it in slightly and now it pulls in nicely with the screws.
Simon

Will Ridealpine

Sep 18, 2018
Idaho
You can heat the lower part of the cover with a heat gun (a hair dryer may not be hot enough) and bend it against a hard flat surface so that it takes a set . I took mine off earlier to seal the cable split in my cable, and it didn’t want to go back without a gap - heat gun has bent it in slightly and now it pulls in nicely with the screws.
Simon
Duct Tape: $100 an hour to apply it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles