2019 Turbo Levo Owners Thread

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
Ride
turbo levo
Has anybody tried levo 2019 with 27,5+ wheels on? Does it even make sense to change the wheels to 27,5+ as all previous levos had?
In order to keep the same geometry you need also to increase the lenght of the fork to 160mm

Nov 7, 2018
Uk
Ride
Levo
Anyone know if an Öhlins rear shock will fit in the new levo? Not that impressed with the fox that came with it

Oct 23, 2018
Belgium
Ride
Levo 2019
In order to keep the same geometry you need also to increase the lenght of the fork to 160mm
@Levo Lution
I did it with magic mary 2,6 and the bike is incredible!
It feel more like an non e-bikes and is lighter

Flip chip in hi position and lyrik 160mm in front, bb is at 340mm instead of 342mm as delivered (29 / flip chip in low position )

Oct 10, 2018
Slovakia
Ride
Specialized
@Levo Lution

Flip chip in hi position and lyrik 160mm in front, bb is at 340mm instead of 342mm as delivered (29 / flip chip in low position )
Can you post picture of the bike, please, thank you.

Aug 25, 2018
Gunnison, CO
Loving my Base model but need to add a dropper. Should I go with the Manic 34.9 or is there a better option. Also, anyone want to sell your stock dropper?

View attachment 7385

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018
GB
www.allmountaincoaching.co.uk
Ride
Specialized
Loving my Base model but need to add a dropper. Should I go with the Manic 34.9 or is there a better option. Also, anyone want to sell your stock dropper?

View attachment 7385
Don't be restricted by diameter. You could buy a shim for £6 and fit a brand X dropper for £98. Or plenty of other normal sized posts

Aug 30, 2018
Norway

galaga187

Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
If sticking with 29er wheels for UK winter riding is it worth switching tyres from the offset? If so which tyres are good please? I will want to run tubeless. Riding chalky, flinty paths, forests and occasional bike parks red/blue runs. Rider weight 90kg on speccy 2019 comp Carbon. Thanks in advance.

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
If sticking with 29er wheels for UK winter riding is it worth switching tyres from the offset? If so which tyres are good please? I will want to run tubeless. Riding chalky, flinty paths, forests and occasional bike parks red/blue runs. Rider weight 90kg on speccy 2019 comp Carbon. Thanks in advance.
I'm currently running 29x2.5 Maxxis Shorty Front & 29x2.4 DHR 2 rear. (There's a new 2.6 due soon'ish)

When it gets really muddy; I love the Michelin Wild Mud Advanced Reinforced MTB Tyre 29x2.25 loads of grip.

In the 2.6 range, you've got Magic Mary, Specialized hilly billy and Bontrager SE5.

Aug 25, 2018
Gunnison, CO

View attachment 7385
You can get the Bikeyoke's Revive Max if you want the 34.9 mm BikeYoke dropper posts
However get the shim and choose from plenty more droppers.
I've got myself OneUp Components OneUp Components dropper post and I'm very happy with 170 mm travel. Great price/performance ratio.
Thanks! That looks like a nice setup. Which remote should I add? Think it should be Shimano but I am a newb

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018
San Diego, CA

View attachment 7385
I installed the rockshox stelth reverb with the 1x remote. The 170 mm dropper will fit in a XL frame even all the way down. Happy with it so far

Sep 24, 2018
SoCal USA
@Levo Lution

How is the handling compared to the 29er? I'm a shorter rider (5'3") and miss the ability to be more playful. I've been riding my 2019 Levo for a month now but I still struggle on tight switchbacks specially going downhill.

Aug 25, 2018
Gunnison, CO

View attachment 7385
I installed the rockshox stelth reverb with the 1x remote. The 170 mm dropper will fit in a XL frame even all the way down. Happy with it so far
You think it would fit in the LG frame?

Sep 14, 2018
San Diego, CA
You think it would fit in the LG frame?
Looking at the specs on the Specialized site the seat tube length is 50mm shorter on the LG so most likely it wont fit.

I'm 6'2" with 33 inseam and I thought 170 mm was perfect for me but its too long so I never bring it all the way up.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
Ride
19 TL Comp
Just got word that my noisy motor is being replaced under warranty and the new foam insert will be put in at the same time. By the end of the month I should have the 700wh battery as well, so I'll be all set for some epic (and quiet) days of riding.

Kiwi in Wales

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Brechfa, Carmarthen, Wales
Ride
2017 Levo
Anyone know how tight that nut needs to be? Mine came loose just from removing the wheel

View attachment 7423
Hi,
How tight it needs to be is actually displayed in your photo.
40 Nm.
You will need a torque wrench with the correct Nm range to carry out this task.

If you do not have a torque wrench..... 40Nm is fairly high so to get you by until you get yourself a torque wrench or borrow one from a mate you will need to tighten it up with quite a bit of force but try not to go too overboard and just keep an eye on it by checking every ride until you get hold of a torque wrench.

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Looks cool! What is it? A peice of shaped rubber?
From Antony at bikescene

"Its just a rubber tube cut up with a plastic shim to secure it at the bottom. We’ve made a template so it’s easier to make in the future. The top section is just held in place with double sided automotive trim tape. This section acts as protection for when stones get caught up there too. "

Latest threads

Become a Patron!

Trending