YT customer service outside Germany/UK?

Wootism

Jun 1, 2020
Trails
Hi all,

I am about to purchase a YT Decoy Core4. The only thing holding me back are the many reviews you read online about YT's lousy customer support.

I live in the Netherlands myself, but on YT's website I don't get much wiser about where I can go in case of defects or other warranty issues.
It seems that in case of a warranty claim they want me to send the whole bike back to Germany because there is no dedicated service point in my country like they have in the UK, for example. Correct?

This combined with the apparently very slow processing of claims makes it less and less interesting....
Are there people here who have experience with this? Or maybe did I miss something on their website?

Let me know :)

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
Hi Wootism,

My experience with the customer service being based in Switzerland is not great.

I had some creaking noise coming from the main pivot axle. Apparently some washers were damaged. I have contacted YT beginning of January this year to ask about that. I got a first answer really fast, saying that they will send me replacement washers shortly and with proper grease it should solve the issue.
They kept telling me that the parts were on their way to me for half a year. 20 mails or so later I got the replacement parts last June. In the meantime I have asked Acros which is the manufacturer if they could help because YT was helpless and they sent me the parts for free in a couple of days... They are both based in Germany so the logistic should be similar for them.

I have now a crack appearing in the paint around the battery axle. I don't know if it is the carbon or just the paint over the battery insert so I have written to them and they offer me to send the bike back for analysis, which is nice but regarding the time it took them to send me two small parts I am on hold on this one at the moment, being really afraid to be without bike for a very very long time. I might give it a try at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Wootism

Jun 1, 2020
Trails
Thanks for your reaction!
And your story is unfortunately similar to what I often read... slow response and super long waiting times so that you can lose your bike for half a year.

What I find strange is that their customer service in the US seems to be really good and despite the fact that they are a German company they can't seem to get it right in Europe.

I hope to see some users with a positive experience. It's a shame because they have great bikes...

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
Yes it is a shame because to be honest when the bike works it really rips
The US and UK customer services seem to be much better indeed...

Elvingtonred

Feb 20, 2023
York
I don't know where to begin with the ABYSMAL service from YT. It was appalling when I bought my Decoy in 2019, it's still appalling now.
This year along, a new battery £500, faulty power button £40. Now I have a faulty chainstay which was ordered A MONTH AGO, still not here. That's a £400 job with a new pivot kit and labour.
DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SHIT COMPANY!

Efrosty

Oct 10, 2023
US
I chose a YT MX Core 4 because of the sale, just can't find anything comparable close to the price. Experience has been back and forth.
To start, UPS, Fed Ex for 7 years won't deliver down our drive way. However, we get notifications can get packages immediately when they drop off. They send require signature regardless which causes us a lot of stress. We had to do some proactive calling and luckily, finally a driver delivered which is a minor miracle for us.

Get the bike, put it together and go to ride it, immediately a W101. Turned out to be a sensor. They sent me the part overnight after I tested a few things so I can't complain about that other than wish it would have been tested before it shipped. Just turning it on and spinning the wheel showed the problem. Easy to change out.

They typically answer the phone and try so far which is more than I can say most businesses anymore. So we ordered a 29er on sale for the wife.

US Purchase

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles