Yamaha PW series ST

Simon1978

Mar 21, 2022
England
Hi, does anyone know what the error code 73 means on a Yamaha PW - ST motor with the Yamaha display A. It powers on for a few seconds with the display code, then goes off. Thanks.

Last edited:

anttiryt

May 27, 2021
Helsinki
Hi, does anyone know what the error code 73 means on a Yamaha PW - ST motor with the Yamaha display A. It powers on for a few seconds with the display code, then goes off. Thanks.

According to manual it is "overcurrent" but as with all 7x codes, it is a battery problem.

I think I have solved it on mine. It seems to be a connection issue between engine and the battery. My (intube) battery has four very small holes and I guess it has a bit oxidation. Adding CRC or TF2 seems to help a bit, but I still get sometimes the error. It is better as on last monday it did not start for a full day (15km).

All you who remove sometimes the battery, take good care of your interface to avoid buying a new battery.

Faz304

May 13, 2022
Hull
Hi did you manage to find the problem? Mine has started showing this error code and I have replaced the control unit and the battery... worked fine for about 5 miles now the fault is intermittent

Faz304

May 13, 2022
Hull
According to manual it is "overcurrent" but as with all 7x codes, it is a battery problem.

I think I have solved it on mine. It seems to be a connection issue between engine and the battery. My (intube) battery has four very small holes and I guess it has a bit oxidation. Adding CRC or TF2 seems to help a bit, but I still get sometimes the error. It is better as on last monday it did not start for a full day (15km).

All you who remove sometimes the battery, take good care of your interface to avoid buying a new battery.
I have replaced the battery and control unit on mine which fixed the fault for about 5 miles now its back, I need a part number for the battery connection on the bike??

Simon1978

Mar 21, 2022
England
Hi did you manage to find the problem? Mine has started showing this error code and I have replaced the control unit and the battery... worked fine for about 5 miles now the fault is intermittent
Hi, yes I took it to the dealer and they tested it and found the motor had gone. Luckily it was still in warranty and was replaced no problem.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles