Yamaha Battery issue pw se motor haibike

Aug 11, 2020
Staffordshire
So i went out for a ride today, however when i started pedalling on steeper uphills the motor kept cutting out, (the display stayed on), i had presumed this was a loose connection as i had recently removed the motor for a gear cable change. when i returned home i removed the battery and pressed the indicator button on the battery itself, the battery was showing as being empty (the battery was fully charged before the ride and shouldnt have been flat, display was indicating full bars before i went riding). I then plugged the charger in and the indicator immediately displayed 3 bars out of the 5 (60 percent charge), when i removed the charger the battery still now indicates 3 bars as it should do.

Has anybody encountered any issues like this? is the battery toast or is there some sort of circuit protection or whateve at play? thanks in advance.

MAO CONCHA

Sep 3, 2021
Philippines
So i went out for a ride today, however when i started pedalling on steeper uphills the motor kept cutting out, (the display stayed on), i had presumed this was a loose connection as i had recently removed the motor for a gear cable change. when i returned home i removed the battery and pressed the indicator button on the battery itself, the battery was showing as being empty (the battery was fully charged before the ride and shouldnt have been flat, display was indicating full bars before i went riding). I then plugged the charger in and the indicator immediately displayed 3 bars out of the 5 (60 percent charge), when i removed the charger the battery still now indicates 3 bars as it should do.

Has anybody encountered any issues like this? is the battery toast or is there some sort of circuit protection or whateve at play? thanks in advance.

I have the same exact problem with my Yamaha YDX Moro. I tried searching for solution in the web.. found none.. :(

Aug 11, 2020
Staffordshire
I have the same exact problem with my Yamaha YDX Moro. I tried searching for solution in the web.. found none.. :(
I got mine working in the end, I think it was the battery being loose in the holder which caused the battery to go into some sort of protection mode, then it started working once again after being plugged into a charger and fixing the loose connection issue, but now its broke again with a different issue :(

MAO CONCHA

Sep 3, 2021
Philippines
I think it has something to do with the torque sensor since error occurs during hard pedalling. I attached a video of the error. Not sure if you can view it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles