Haibike Hardnine 7 Yamaha PW-ST not working

frankiemtb

Jun 16, 2023
Ireland
Just had it confirmed the Yamaha motors have a software issue, they are sending a new motor out for my hardnine 7 apparently a lot of the motors have been programmed wrong
Hi Newcs, Mines a hard seven 7, same motor of course. Who confirmed the s/w issue for you? can you share it with me please ? thank you,
frank.
"Just had it confirmed the Yamaha motors have a software issue..........a lot of the motors have been programmed wrong"
How did this confirmation come to you ? Can you share the email please ? There will need to be a limited recall for s/w upgrade. If not, this will be an oversight leading to ongoing problems.

Newcs

Jul 9, 2023
Herts
Hi Newcs, Mines a hard seven 7, same motor of course. Who confirmed the s/w issue for you? can you share it with me please ? thank you,
frank.
"Just had it confirmed the Yamaha motors have a software issue..........a lot of the motors have been programmed wrong"
How did this confirmation come to you ? Can you share the email please ? There will need to be a limited recall for s/w upgrade. If not, this will be an oversight leading to ongoing problems.
So the info I got f
frank.
hello frank , so I took my bike back to the dealer, they couldn’t fix it so they contacted Raleigh who I believe own Haibike , they confirmed that it was a software issue and that a Batch of Yamaha motors had been programmed wrong , they are sending my dealer a new motor with the right software , that’s all the info I have , personally I think they should identify the batch of motors and do a recall

frankiemtb

Jun 16, 2023
Ireland
So the info I got f

hello frank , so I took my bike back to the dealer, they couldn’t fix it so they contacted Raleigh who I believe own Haibike , they confirmed that it was a software issue and that a Batch of Yamaha motors had been programmed wrong , they are sending my dealer a new motor with the right software , that’s all the info I have , personally I think they should identify the batch of motors and do a recall
You're not wrong Newcs, Haibile And Raleigh are linked. Can you imagine how many Yamaha motors they're buying ! This is a little about Accell Group N.V. it's a bicycle company based in Heerenveen, Netherlands. They own the bicycle brands Atala, Babboe, Batavus, Carraro Cicli, Ghost, Haibike, KOGA, Lapierre, Loekie, Nishiki, Raleigh, Sparta, Torker, Tunturi, Van Nicholas, Winora, and XLC components.

frankiemtb

Jun 16, 2023
Ireland
So the info I got f

frankiemtb

Jun 16, 2023
Ireland
You're bike will now have mismatched motor and frame numbers, you should be receiving new paperwork to this effect and a fresh warranty on the new motor. Technically, the warranty doesn't have to run for two years from install of the replacement motor, just from the original purchase date. However, decent dealers would Give full two years on new one to compensate for the overall inconvenience. If you're motor we're to fail again, you'd need all documented in case you had to go to small claims court. Once you could prove the bike had a recurring problem from new, you'd be able to leverage the sale of goods act and the consumer rights act. This entitles you to make a claim up-to the statute limitation of 6 years.

Brendan_Davies

Jun 12, 2023
GB
Hello Frank,
My bike shop (Tredz) advise warranty on new motor will only be in line with original bike warranty. I will ask them for paperwork to confirm what's been done. As you say if a repeat fault does occur it will be very worthwhile.

Thanks Brendan

Auld_fella

Jul 22, 2023
UK
I also Got the same problems as the OP on my 2021 Lapeirre overvolt 5.5 Hardtail with a Yamaha TE Motor and only 11 months old (Lapierre has the same owners as Haibike etc ) with about 225 miles on it and i left it into my Bike shop ,and Yamaha has also advised the LBS a new motor is needed and that it should arrive in 2 week under warranty.......My wife also has another Haibike with the Yamaha TE Motor still in warranty going well so far??

frankiemtb

Jun 16, 2023
Ireland
I also Got the same problems as the OP on my 2021 Lapeirre overvolt 5.5 Hardtail with a Yamaha TE Motor and only 11 months old (Lapierre has the same owners as Haibike etc ) with about 225 miles on it and i left it into my Bike shop ,and Yamaha has also advised the LBS a new motor is needed and that it should arrive in 2 week under warranty.......My wife also has another Haibike with the Yamaha TE Motor still in warranty going well so far??
Hi, sorry to hear your Yamaha motor also turned out to be soft. I think you'd be within your rights to ask for a written report on the old motor's fault. These bikes cost mega bucks and a billion dollar co. like Yamaha should be recalling motors by now. Any one else got an update ? Have you heard of any other Yamaha's with similar issues ?
thanks. FMTB

Brendan_Davies

Jun 12, 2023
GB
Afternoon All, I am still waiting on my bike shop to complete the install of the replacement yamaha motor. Hopefully it should be back with me soon..

Newcs

Jul 9, 2023
Herts
My hardnine 7 still in the work shop told the new motor should be here tomorrow 🤞big problem with the software, they should recall affected motors

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles