Wiltshire Snow Ride - Scott ebike for ski touring

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
After riding in last weeks snow I’d like to do more snow touring, looks like Scott are on it already.

https://electricbikeaction.com/scotts-new-ski-touring-e-bike/

54C41E00-A49F-4D64-A1D9-4E51876E1315.jpeg

CA611EBD-046B-451B-A53A-380F597EE69A.jpeg

EE8AB3BE-AAF8-426C-A4EE-28BDEBFFD4CB.jpeg

Adolphlung

May 26, 2021
USA
Beautiful place! What resort is it? I could be wrong, but I think it's the Keystone ski resort in Colorado? I read about it on bluehouseskis.com. I was to it last winter, and it looked just as beautiful as the one in your picture. The zip lines, sleigh rides, ice rinks, alpine coasters, and exciting rides in the gondola connecting the two mountains here were so exciting for both my wife and me and my kids. I'd love to try the Scott e-bike as well, and I heard it's fantastic for all types of roads, especially snow. It would be both a good workout, as well as an excellent way to observe the scenery from a closer viewpoint!Beautiful place? What resort is it? I could be wrong, but I think it's the Keystone ski resort in Colorado? I was to it last winter, and it looked just as beautiful as the one in your picture. The zip lines, sleigh rides, ice rinks, alpine coasters, and exciting rides in the gondola connecting the two mountains here were so exciting for both my wife and me and my kids. I'd love to try the Scott e-bike as well, and I heard it's fantastic for all types of roads, especially snow. It would be both a good workout, as well as an excellent way to observe the scenery from a closer viewpoint!

Last edited:

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Beautiful place! What resort is it? I could be wrong, but I think it's the Keystone ski resort in Colorado? I read about it. I was to it last winter, and it looked just as beautiful as the one in your picture. The zip lines, sleigh rides, ice rinks, alpine coasters, and exciting rides in the gondola connecting the two mountains here were so exciting for both my wife and me and my kids. I'd love to try the Scott e-bike as well, and I heard it's fantastic for all types of roads, especially snow. It would be both a good workout, as well as an excellent way to observe the scenery from a closer viewpoint!Beautiful place? What resort is it? I could be wrong, but I think it's the Keystone ski resort in Colorado? I was to it last winter, and it looked just as beautiful as the one in your picture. The zip lines, sleigh rides, ice rinks, alpine coasters, and exciting rides in the gondola connecting the two mountains here were so exciting for both my wife and me and my kids. I'd love to try the Scott e-bike as well, and I heard it's fantastic for all types of roads, especially snow. It would be both a good workout, as well as an excellent way to observe the scenery from a closer viewpoint!
It’s in Wiltshire UK not a ski resort so missing some facilities and it only snows once a decade

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Thats pretty cool. Looks like it wouldn't be that hard to build those attachments and mount them to a rack. A couple old tech toes and hack off the sole of a pair of boots with tech fittings, few pieces of aluminium plate and some ski straps and bobs your uncle.
Ive been meaning to try an approach with mine. Id just like to have a complete south facing approach so i could get right up to an open alpine slope on an open forest service road without going through patch after patch of alternating sections of snow and no snow. Clear/melted south face approach to a ridge so you could ski the northface thar still has snow would be best. Thus far all our roads i can think of dip into the shade at some point and have deep punchy snow. With the price of wood atm there should be plenty of opened logging roads though
That'd work for the spring temps. Fattires would work in the winter on the sledder compacted roads but would you trust your battery to keep a charge after youve skied all day and it sits out in the cold? Idk

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles