Will this shock fit my Decoy?

Casper007

Apr 26, 2020
New Zealand
I’m wanting to try a coil shock on my 2019 Decoy Base but have no experience with coil shocks.

I am looking at a RS Super Delux Ultimate Coil RCT 230x65, and it says it’s for a Jeffsy 27.5, with a M rebound and L compression tune. Will this be OK? There also another with a Med rebound & compression that says it’s for a Transition Patrol. There is also a third option that I assume is generic and the tune isn’t stated.

Which of these 3 would be best?

I think I will need a 500lbs spring, but how do I know which length? I can’t seem to find any in 230mm? Would something like this fit? RockShox Metric Rear 151 x 57.5-65 mm Red, Bikeinn

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
Hi,

i am not sure for the damping tune but the spring you have found will fit. You need to take into account the shock stroke so in this case 65mm. And the springs which are rated for 2.5inches work as well.
Which spring calculator did you use?
I’m running a coil and I have followed the fox and tftuned recommendation and I ended with a spring which is a little bit too stiff, I have ordered a new one with 50lbs less hopefully this one will allow me to sit at ~28-30% sag

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles