When will YT integrate the EP8?

DOMBUSH

Aug 10, 2020
Cambridge
YT usually launch new bike models at a different time to most. Anyone know if they'll integrate the EP8 into a 2021 bike anytime soon?

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Thats what i was thinking. If anything there would just be more empty space under the frame guards. I dont think the motors tilted either so the torque sensor shouldnt need reprogramming. I didnt have the bike in front of me when i was talking to him though. Id just pay extra for the ep8 wiring harness and display if that was necessary to secure an ep8 warrantee replacement.

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
They've only just released a few bikes a couple of months ago, so I am sure they need to shift that stock first. I doubt they want to discount them in favour of new offerings.

Not sure I would buy an EP8 with that rattle in any case, I couldn't live with it long term.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Frame design constrains companies a bit but motors are fairly small now. It wouldnt be too far fetched for a company to design adapters that attach to their bikes so they could offer the same bike with bosch, shimano or brose much like a sram/rockshox or fox/shimano equipped bike. A universal bike mount for a motor adapter to the motor of choice. It would certainly ease their headaches when one of these products has problems(motor or supply).
One ski manufacturer i worked at had a side business(actually the bread and butter end of it) where we would refurbish old skis for resale. We would grind of the top sheet and reapply fancy colors and graphics, tune the ski and binding check and resale at a huge 2nd hand sporting goods chain.
Every ski company back then had a sister company. Rossignol and dynastar , atomic and dynamic, k2 and pre and so on. I would grab a k2 and grind the top sheet off only to find it had a pre top sheet underneath. Tje "pre" brand didnt sell as well as "k2" so when they sold out of k2's they would take the remaining "pre" stock and retopsheet the "pre" skis as "k2" and sell the remaining stock.
With emtb if riders soured on shimano ,and the bike companies didnt over commit on motor purchases, they could plug in bosch motors and capitalize on market popularity

RobertR

Jun 11, 2020
Usa
Frame design constrains companies a bit but motors are fairly small now. It wouldnt be too far fetched for a company to design adapters that attach to their bikes so they could offer the same bike with bosch, shimano or brose much like a sram/rockshox or fox/shimano equipped bike. A universal bike mount for a motor adapter to the motor of choice. It would certainly ease their headaches when one of these products has problems(motor or supply).
One ski manufacturer i worked at had a side business(actually the bread and butter end of it) where we would refurbish old skis for resale. We would grind of the top sheet and reapply fancy colors and graphics, tune the ski and binding check and resale at a huge 2nd hand sporting goods chain.
Every ski company back then had a sister company. Rossignol and dynastar , atomic and dynamic, k2 and pre and so on. I would grab a k2 and grind the top sheet off only to find it had a pre top sheet underneath. Tje "pre" brand didnt sell as well as "k2" so when they sold out of k2's they would take the remaining "pre" stock and retopsheet the "pre" skis as "k2" and sell the remaining stock.
With emtb if riders soured on shimano ,and the bike companies didnt over commit on motor purchases, they could plug in bosch motors and capitalize on market popularity
Exactly, make one frame with simple adapter mounting plates for each motor. Maybe a cheap plastic cover to take up any extra “spaces”.
Would most likely be very popular.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would suspect we won't see anything from YT till the new year, mainly because I reckon they will either launch a new bike when their mythical 700wh battery is ready or switch to using the New Shimano 630wh battery

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I don’t think anything on a bike should be designed to rattle around. A hum or whine from a motor under load is understandable but what is it with this rattling thing in the new Bosch and Shimano motors? I understand it’s because the crank decouples from the motor to reduce drag above the limiter. Surely there must be a way to do this without the bike sounding like a bag of nails

HOMIE5000

Feb 23, 2020
Australia
Stage is set for a new super high end " pro race" or "elite" creating a greater point of difference between the two models .
Or just a new " pro race " and " elite" dies off .
Does going from a 36 to 38 fork in the 38 launch year specifically targeted at "enduro " really warrant a new model name ? no .
I think because of supply chain issues the "elite" is really the pro race that was to be realised late 2020 and the "pro race" models are the. " pro race" bikes left over and that didn't make shipping . I waited nearly 7 months for a pro race .
Lucky models names isn't written on the bike anywhere .
Capra and Decoy only models to have "elite" with only the forks as a point of difference .

brewoz40

Jun 1, 2020
San Diego
I dont know, year into my Levo and just about 1000 miles, no issues what so ever, knock on wood! And this thing has been to hell n back and keeps going.

ebnash

Aug 16, 2020
Los Gatos, CA
All my buddies with levos have had broken belts. That's like 6 out of 6 bikes...

Same here. Broken belts for 4/5 people I know with Levos. and then 3 of them had to go back again to have a wiring harness replaced a month or 2 later. Most likely damaged when the motor was swapped. These were on bikes less than a year old. Luckily they all had other bikes to ride during all the down time waiting for parts.

Nasty Nick

Dec 4, 2018
Ventura, CA US
Same here. Broken belts for 4/5 people I know with Levos. and then 3 of them had to go back again to have a wiring harness replaced a month or 2 later. Most likely damaged when the motor was swapped. These were on bikes less than a year old. Luckily they all had other bikes to ride during all the down time waiting for parts.
We made them take the tow with a rope like little kids on a leash

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles