Whyte sizing and availability

Peter1979

Jun 7, 2021
South West uk
Hi folks. First post here.
I'm very tempted by the E-180. I currently ride a size medium canyon spectral and being 5'10" with 30" inside leg the standover is fine but it is a bit short in reach. It's great as a trail bike though and very nimble. I'm leaning towards the E-180 as I ride a lot of choppy downhill tracks (triscombe and South Wales off piste) which although my spectral can manage, the E-180 would be better at and getting back to the top would be much quicker!
First problem is sizing. Not being able to throw a leg over one I'm unsure if I should go large or medium. I like the idea of a larger frame for stability and the medium spectral will be kept for the trail stuff. But will I actually fit on one?
Second is availability. Haven't found anywhere that has one that also will do part cash part 0% finance as the one place that says they will have one won't do the finance. Any tips? I'm in Bristol but willing to travel.

Cheers, Pete

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I am 183cm/6ft and ride a large ( E180RS). I can take some measurements if you think that will help. Better still if you ever travel to the south coast ( Dorset) you are welcome to try my bike for size.
I find the bike a good fit for me. My son is 6ft 2 and finds the cockpit rideable but a little cramped , although I could probably improve things for him by rolling bars forward a little and moving seat back a bit on the rails.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
i'm just over 5'10. i have the medium. when i sat on the large in the shop it felt huge to me however i wasn't used to a bike this long or slack before. Like me you fall into the height where M/L cross over so you need to think about whether you prefer a slightly more agile bike to throw over jumps or a more stable bigger bike for fast descents. Personally i find the medium suited me well and i also narrowed the bars as i felt 800mm a bit too wide for me.

You are either on the big side of a medium or the short side of the large.

Peter1979

Jun 7, 2021
South West uk
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I will need to have a sit on one at some point. I notice that pedalabikaway have Whyte ebikes to hire, so this should solve the issue.
The main problem is stock. Everywhere except one place has said they are out if stock and no more expected. The one place that has them won't do zero finance on them. Looks like I'll need to wait until next year.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Looks like I'll need to wait until next year.
Next year is now though, the new bikes are launching - unless you were after an RS 180 which looks like it might not be here until Autumn.

Or have the shops already sold out (or pre-sold) the latest ones?

Last edited:

Peter1979

Jun 7, 2021
South West uk
Well, I've messaged 4 of my most local dealers and all except one have said they do not have any stick and do not have any info on when they will get more. There are a couple of places I've found online that seem to show that they have or will be getting one but really they are too far from me. The worry would be if I have a warranty issue.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Well, I've messaged 4 of my most local dealers and all except one have said they do not have any stick and do not have any info on when they will get more. There are a couple of places I've found online that seem to show that they have or will be getting one but really they are too far from me. The worry would be if I have a warranty issue.
The same happened to me last year. All the first deliveries from Whyte are for people who've preordered. So I put my name down for one, paid a small deposit, and it arrived in August.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles