Who owns more than one e-bike?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I know e-bikes can be very addictive but interested to know who has more than one of these marvellous machines and why would you have more than one

Kingfisher

Jun 3, 2019
Belgium
We own 5 ebikes.
My commuter/utility/shopping bike: Dutch-ID Infinity
My toy: Cube Stereo Hybrid FS MTB
My wifes commuter: Riese and Muller
My wifes MTB: Cube hardtail hybrid
A foldable MiCycle

We don't have a car. They all have the bosch motors, so the batteries are interchangeable (we're slowing moving to the PowerTubes instead of Powerpack)

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
A kenevo & an old carerra halford ebike for getting to work. To be honest I dont even class this as a bike (even though it is), its just a tool, a means to get to work, where as my kenevo is my hobby.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
We own 5 ebikes.
My commuter/utility/shopping bike: Dutch-ID Infinity
My toy: Cube Stereo Hybrid FS MTB
My wifes commuter: Riese and Muller
My wifes MTB: Cube hardtail hybrid
A foldable MiCycle

We don't have a car. They all have the bosch motors, so the batteries are interchangeable (we're slowing moving to the PowerTubes instead of Powerpack)

Wow that’s a lot of lithium ion under one roof ?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I sure like the idea of having one for special occasions and a less precious one for experimenting / destroying / learning about bikes without fear of damaging stuff.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
How’s that? I see myself facing a scary drop and then have to decide if its better do it with the cheap breakable bike or throw my fancy bike down it, altogether with this old priceless carcass?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Assuming my bike is ready on Monday, I will have been without it for two weeks!!! This is the first time I have been without a bike for about ten years. I don't like it! :(

I no longer have the knees for unassisted mtb, so maybe it will either be another emtb or more probably a lightweight gravel bike (clockwork). Hmmmm :unsure:

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I have two, a Focus Drifter and a Canyon Spectral On.
The reason I have two? Bought the Focus because I thought it looked great but its much vaunted USPs just didn't live up to the hype. Despite its smaller battery, it's no lighter than my Canyon, the battery range does not meet my needs and I didn't realise not being able to remove the battery would be such an issue.
Also reliability has been a real issue, three electrical failures so far, including a new motor.
I bought the bottom of the range Canyon Spectral On (£3000) expecting to simply use it as a backup but it is now my favourite.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Currently just a Pivot Shuttle, but I've been considering a Levo S Works as an eMTB trail/race bike and I'd keep the Shuttle set up for more burly enduro and technical stuff. The rest of the quiver is a Santa Cruz Hightower, Pivot Vault (gravel), Borealis Echo (fatbike), and KTM 300 for when an eBike just isn't enough.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Had 2 - my first was a 2019 Scott eGenius 920 with the Shimano motor and I later bought a 2019 Levo so I could fit a 700Wh battery. Recently sold the Scott and am replacing it with a 2020 Scott eGenius Tuned with the Bosch motor and 625Wh battery. Once I have that I will flick the Levo on and pick up something else that is not Speshy - perhaps a Stilus and flick a few parts upgrades at it.
Kind of weird only having 1 bike in the garage as usually have 3-5 and did have a round dozen at one stage.

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
The wife and I have levos. A spare bike is very convenient and the interchangeable batteries allow all sorts of options.
if I could get more I certainly would. A 2020 Kenevo expert Öhlins edition nearly entered the fold a couple weeks ago. I swear, I had to be locked in a room with buckets and jazz mags, a la Renton, after I saw it on here one day.
She turns the telly up so she can’t hear me beg.
Pretty soon I’ll get my id and passport back off her. Couple of utility bills and a couple of hours behind the prison for a deposit and it will be mine.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
The wife and I have levos. A spare bike is very convenient and the interchangeable batteries allow all sorts of options.
if I could get more I certainly would. A 2020 Kenevo expert Öhlins edition nearly entered the fold a couple weeks ago. I swear, I had to be locked in a room with buckets and jazz mags, a la Renton, after I saw it on here one day.
She turns the telly up so she can’t hear me beg.
Pretty soon I’ll get my id and passport back off her. Couple of utility bills and a couple of hours behind the prison for a deposit and it will be mine.
Oh you want the Ohlins edition! I made my own one and kept my old 2019 as a “trail” bike.

5AC112E1-C8C4-47E8-A0E8-7AA8F621D790.png

2AB3AE95-A76F-4F02-97B4-F33F52960C5F.jpeg

MarkH

Patreon
Aug 12, 2018
Manchester
Kept my 2018 Levo when I got my Decoy. Gonna let the wife use it (pigs might fly) and as a spare in case the Decoy needs any work at any time. Now planning to take the Levo over to our place in France so I don't need to keep taking a bike back n forth from the UK.

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Assuming my bike is ready on Monday, I will have been without it for two weeks!!! This is the first time I have been without a bike for about ten years. I don't like it! :(

I no longer have the knees for unassisted mtb, so maybe it will either be another emtb or more probably a lightweight gravel bike (clockwork). Hmmmm :unsure:

The Ribble Cgr al e is a nice gravel bike with a small motor assist, great for knackered knees and as a spare !

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Three. One Mullet Mid Drive, 700c Drop Bar Front Hub eCross and 750d Drop Bar Front Hub eCross.

More logging roads where I live than pure single track out the door and the eX bikes are prime for the purpose of going for mileage. But the eMTB is my go to for dog outings no matter the terrain.

IMG_2970.JPG

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The Ribble Cgr al e is a nice gravel bike with a small motor assist, great for knackered knees and as a spare !

I went straight to the website and clicked on the "electric bikes" tab to find:
Ribble CGR AL e
The CGR AL e (Cross/Gravel/Road) combines our on or off-road, a versatile all-rounder with our market-leading e-bike technology.

But I can see no motor, nothing that looks like anything "electric", and the full spec doesn't even mention the motor or battery. :unsure:
Ribble CGR AL e - Red
Are they having a laugh? :ROFLMAO:

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Got three Levo's in the family, I bought them so effectively I own all three! :p

2017 Levo in bright green, all latest spec 2018 controller, motor and battery. Medium (wife rides)
2018 Levo Comp Carbon converted to 29". Large (son rides)
2019 Levo Expert: Fox Factory 36 170mm, CaneCreek DB Air 163mm rear travel. Large (I ride).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles