Who owns more than one e-bike?

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
I went straight to the website and clicked on the "electric bikes" tab to find:
Ribble CGR AL e
The CGR AL e (Cross/Gravel/Road) combines our on or off-road, a versatile all-rounder with our market-leading e-bike technology.

But I can see no motor, nothing that looks like anything "electric", and the full spec doesn't even mention the motor or battery. :unsure:
Ribble CGR AL e - Red
Are they having a laugh? :ROFLMAO:
Rear hub motor...........shows clearly in the pictures

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Profuse apologies if this upsets you, and I guess you love him dearly. But that is one sorry looking dog! :love:
That is a similar look my dog gives when we go out with the ebike. Pretty certain it means ...

"You focking bastage - used to be able to pass you and romp away, but now you have that damned noisy thing I can't keep up."

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Rear hub motor...........shows clearly in the pictures
Thanks for that, I can now see the hub motor. My fault, I wasn't looking for it! I was looking at the down tube and the BB area. But the convincer for me was the absence of any mention of the motor in the spec. Or is that there too and I'm just blind to it? :giggle:

Welshman

Subscriber
Nov 8, 2018
South wales
Thanks for that, I can now see the hub motor. My fault, I wasn't looking for it! I was looking at the down tube and the BB area. But the convincer for me was the absence of any mention of the motor in the spec. Or is that there too and I'm just blind to it? :giggle:
It’s the wrong spec for the bike..........website error

Tat0

Dec 30, 2019
Italy
One haibike 2019 xduro allmnt 9.0 and one 2017 moterra 1.
Just ordered one wild fs team (arriving in march) and sold the xduro.

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
I have a 2017 Levo Comp for commuting, training, shopping and riding with my girlfriend.
My second one is a 2020 Kenevo Expert. Ehm... just for the fun. :p
My girlfriend rides a Cube Stereo Hybrid and her parents a Fischer NCM and a Prophete.

Meanwhile we haven't any manual bike in the house. :unsure:

JimBo

E*POWAH Elite
Jan 3, 2019
Western MA, USA
My eMTBs since 2015 - rode each one for 500+ trail miles (some 1k+):
- 2015 Haibike Xduro FS RX - sold to the guy who got me into MTBing 30+ yrs ago
- 2015 Haibike Xduro rx29 - sold to a guy from New Haven CT
- 2015 Felt LEBOWSKe - sold to a guy from Tennessee (ain't no place I'd rather be)
- 2016 Haibike Sduro Allmtn+ - sold to a Westerly RI dude, rode with him a few times after that
- 2017 Motobecane HAL eBoost Pro - sold to a guy from Colrain MA, we did a 10 mile demo ride
- 2017 Bulls Estream Evo FS3 - sold to a retired pilot from Kentucky who drove 15 hrs to get it

I also sold a 44cm 2017 Haibike Sduro Allmtn 5.0 to a guy I now ride with a lot - I bought it so mid-size folks could ride with me but too few did (I'm 6'3" and all my bikes were/are L/XL). And I'm currently selling a small ladies' Haibike Hardlife...

I still own - and have 500+ trail miles on:
- 2015 iZip Sumo, my eFatty for fresh snowfall
- 2017 Haibike Sduro HardNine 4.0 - not a "real" eMTB, but OK on dirt roads and easy ridin'
- 2017 Haibike Xduro Allmtn 8.0 - not a finesse bike, but great for fast/rough rides on ATV trails
- 2017 Raleigh Tokul iE - I upgraded its fork to make it a middling eMTB, great on ice w/studs
- 2018 Commencal MetaPower Race Fox - my finesse bike for twisty/technical singletrack

Seems like a lot now that I look at them all in one list! I bought two hardtails because they weren't much more than a second battery would be, plus they came with "spare" motors to boot!

FWIW I got 40-70% off MSRP all of them except the Commencal, which was also a prior model year purchase, but only at 15% off... it was by far the best value, though!

Last edited:

Swissrider

Nov 1, 2018
Switzerland
Three years ago I persuaded my wife to come and try an Ebike. She was reluctant - it’s cheating, expensive etc. One short test ride and she said we will get two! They were KTM hybrids and they have been excellent. We’ve done about 3500k each, shopping, touring and general rides. Living in the Alps, ebikes have changed our lives. Obviously, they are hopeless off road so two years ago we bought a Kenevo and a Levo. I’ve done about 1500k on my Kenevo and love it. Although the Levo is the old model and a small women’s model I have ridden it when I’ve lent my Kenevo to friends or the Kenevo is out of action. I’ve been pleasantly surprised how good the smaller and less suspended Levo is. Having the same batteries is good as I can take both if doing a real long ride. All four bikes are “keepers”. I worry about motors going (so far one on the Kenevo) since all bikes are now out of guarantee. It was worth doing a lot of research as apart from battery life I don’t feel that newer bikes offer much more, unless they are twice the price we paid. I do all my own maintenance and there is quite a lot to do with four bikes but I do worry about long term reliability for parts I cannot service. Either motors should last longer or made so that the average owner or even shop can replace bearings and belts as these are bound to wear out eventually whereas the guts of an electrical motor should last for almost ever.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
I went straight to the website and clicked on the "electric bikes" tab to find:
Ribble CGR AL e
The CGR AL e (Cross/Gravel/Road) combines our on or off-road, a versatile all-rounder with our market-leading e-bike technology.

But I can see no motor, nothing that looks like anything "electric", and the full spec doesn't even mention the motor or battery. :unsure:
Ribble CGR AL e - Red
Are they having a laugh? :ROFLMAO:
lol

Rear hub drive aren't they?

KeithR

Jul 1, 2020
Blyth, Northumberland
lol

Rear hub drive aren't they?

As was established way back in January:

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
2021 S-Works Levo
2020 Levo SL Expert
2020 Creo SL Expert
2020 Vado 3.0
2020 Kenevo Expert
2020 S-Works Levo
2018 S-Works Levo
2017 Levo Expert
2016 Levo Expert
2016 S-Works Levo
I run a bike shop so I get a really good deal on my bikes. Getting rid of the bottom six.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
As was established way back in January:

Doh. Puts reading glasses on...

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
I own 3. 2019 Kenevo Comp. 2x 2020 Trek Powerfly 9.7 LT. One is mine and the other the wife’s.
Why? I just wanted a kenevo. Bought the treks first.
Also, I prefer my kenevo over the Powerfly.

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
Merida E160 800-
Merida Expresso 300- wanted something for the road
Giant Dirtee +1- ex demo and LBS with low miles and a cheap proce
Kenevo Expert- sat in the LBS window for 18 months, made a silly offer they said yes

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
2021 S-Works Levo
2020 Levo SL Expert
2020 Creo SL Expert
2020 Vado 3.0
2020 Kenevo Expert
2020 S-Works Levo
2018 S-Works Levo
2017 Levo Expert
2016 Levo Expert
2016 S-Works Levo
I run a bike shop so I get a really good deal on my bikes. Getting rid of the bottom six.

There's a man who hates selling his "old" bikes!

But Al, I know "n+1" rules, but 10 bikes is really pushing it! :love:

KeithO

Apr 9, 2020
England
I don’t know how you all get away with two Ebikes........I’ve only just about convinced the missus that having an analogue and a digital bike is the way forward!! ?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
E160-900
Ebig9-600 converted to 27.5 and 140mm fork.
Cairn 01 Gravel eBike

and my new arrival

LaPierre eZesty AM9.0 which arrived last Friday!

Gordon

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
levo sl and ff levo
i was going to sell the ff but i took it out for a ride and it goes like 4 mph faster avg and it makes uphills interesting rather than long slow grinds so it stays

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
There's a man who hates selling his "old" bikes!

But Al, I know "n+1" rules, but 10 bikes is really pushing it! :love:
I also run a shop so it’s not like I am paying as much as my customers, but when you consider what my salary is compared to my customers the percentages are the the same

lmartins

Sep 19, 2018
Portugal
1 FF Levo, plus a Levo SL.
Completely ride experiences from each bike, hence the reason for keeping the two.

Daslevin

Aug 4, 2020
Germany
I have a Haibike sduro cross 3.0 with bosch cx perf gen3 and a Focus Jam2 6.7 plus with e8000 and a GT everb current with a e8000 . Why ? Because i love ebikes and wanna have one for every purpose ;D

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
I have:
Decoy Pro Race 2020
Levo Comp Carbon 2019 with 700wh (Fox Factory 36 160mm and X2 shock) Mullet setup with DT Swiss H1700

Reason for 2 bikes: If somethings happens to my YT Decoy and i had to deal with their Customer support it could take for ever to get it back on the road/trails again FB group several people had to wait 3-6months to get things right.... missing out of a whole season is NOT gonna happend!
IMG_0302.jpg
IMG_0343.jpg

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
I have:
Decoy Pro Race 2020
Levo Comp Carbon 2019 with 700wh (Fox Factory 36 160mm and X2 shock) Mullet setup with DT Swiss H1700

Reason for 2 bikes: If somethings happens to my YT Decoy and i had to deal with their Customer support it could take for ever to get it back on the road/trails again FB group several people had to wait 3-6months to get things right.... missing out of a whole season is NOT gonna happend!
View attachment 39785 View attachment 39786
How different do they ride?

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
How different do they ride?
Hi,
I feel the Levo is better as an "All round" bike. If step, gnar, fast speeds i prefer the Decoy, it kind of comes to life when being pushed, and "get's into the zone" when the going gets tough and fast. The Levo is in it's zone everywhere. For a all day out on the trail i'll take the Levo. For more rowdy stuff i'll take the Decoy.
And i LOVE the feel and power on the Brose motor compared to the Shimano Steps 8000.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Had a 2019 Scott Genius eRide with the Shimano e8000 motor and a Levo Comp. Sold both and bought a 2020 Scott Genius e900 with the Bosch motor. Yes I would like a slightly bigger battery - the 625Wh coupled with the Bosch motor is close to the Brose and the 700Wh, but that extra 75Wh would be nice .... not necessary, but nice.
There is a dual battery set-up to go to 1125Wh but I prefer bottles to a hydration pack.
Might have to design a bottle-cage battery set-up for when I do want a little reserve on 100km point to point rides at some stage in the future.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles