• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Which rotor tool?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Which rotor removing tool attachment do I need for my Shimano hubs?

44mm or 41mm? I’ve no idea, they all look the same in the photos

9ED9FE2C-2EA0-43AA-B1A1-673A0ABFCA50.png
3F842CCC-C73E-4F5F-8974-48705261214E.png

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
required torque is 40nm which sounds excessive to me!!.....not sure how you do that accurately with the spanner type tool ! ...............it is however less than half the price of the socket type whose primary role is as a BB tool.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I guess someone who blocks me has already replied to tell you it's the blue tool. As for whether a socket and torque wrench or the flat ring spanner is best. I honestly wouldn't worry. Even at the correct torque centre lock rotors have a tendency to come loose. And once they have, the splined interface tolerance is never quite as good anymore and from then on they have even more of a tendency to come loose again.
It's kind of a terrible system.
Unless for some reason you remove and refit rotors a lot. Or really think you need whatever latest Shimano ice tech technology is being touted good old 6 bolt is a far better solution.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles