Which motors allow changing region to unlock 32km/h speed

torabora851

Apr 13, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hi, I looking to buy a new emtb and this option is very important for me. I'm ok with speed restrictions for emtb, I don't need unlimited support. But I can't stand that type of discrimination when my friend in NZ enjoys 32km/h support and me in AU with the same bike for the same money trudge with 25kh/h!

I don't like hacks with speed sensor, which breaks speed measurements.

For Shimano motors, there is the perfect solution Home DE – eMax Tuning it allows you just change the region to the USA (freedom!!!).

I'm wondering if there is a similar solution for other motors, probably I can upload firmware for another country, etc.

torabora851

Apr 13, 2020
Sydney, Australia
So what about other motors? What if, for example, I want to take my bike to New Zealand or to the USA, there is should be a way to change the region.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
all the popular EMTB motors have the option to be run with either region's assistance limit (25 or 32kmh).
Sounds like you don't have an Ebike yet so there's not a lot of point in going into a deep discussion (yet) on how the region/assistance limit is changed on each motor. it's not difficult though and can generally be done officially by a dealer through their manufacturer software and an interface to a PC. (or through cheeky third party software/Apps).
There's plenty specific info on doing this with most motors if you search the forum

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
So what about other motors? What if, for example, I want to take my bike to New Zealand or to the USA, there is should be a way to change the region.
I'm in NZ & I very rarely get up to the 32kph limit. Unless you were commuting I can't see why it's an issue. All the mtbing I've done around the Sth Island is climbing long uphills & coming down them (usually shitting myself) reasonably hard under brakes. I can't really see where I'd be able to go over 32kph actually mtbing?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles