• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Which hardtail is the best out of these two and why?

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500
Or Trek Powerfly 4 ?

Both have similar suspension, gears and battery
Brakes on the Cube are Shimano and has 2.6 wide tyres
Brakes on the Trek are Tektro and has 2.4 wide tyres

Which bike is best?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I'll dive in with "as viewed from someone clueless" - ie, me :

The cube .. better spec'd forks. better spec'd brakes. Better spec'd gears.

But that's just looking at those things and ignoring geometry and most importantly .. which one you prefer the look of !

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I'll dive in with "as viewed from someone clueless" - ie, me :

The cube .. better spec'd forks. better spec'd brakes. Better spec'd gears.

But that's just looking at those things and ignoring geometry and most importantly .. which one you prefer the look of !

Useful, thanks
trying to sort a family member out with a bike and we have these 2 options

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
The Cube is a much better specced bike.
Both have Suntour forks but the Cube has 34 vs 32 for the Trek.
Cube has Deore rear derailleur as opposed to the Acera on the Trek. The Altus/Acera mix is bottom of the pile when it comes to groupset IMHO.

Not sure of the price point you are at but the Vitus E-Sentier is £1899.99 at CRC and looks a couple levels up.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Not looked at the prices, but the spec is better on the cube.

I guess it then comes down to price ..

If still not sure, it comes down to support. Which shop/supplier do you think will give you the best support if you need it, which do you feel most comfortable with.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Not looked at the prices, but the spec is better on the cube.

I guess it then comes down to price ..

If still not sure, it comes down to support. Which shop/supplier do you think will give you the best support if you need it, which do you feel most comfortable with.

Yeah there was a bit of a mix up in the shop so they offered us either bike for same price. We are hoping it’s the cube they still have left.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Shopping around for a Reaction Hybrid 500 Pro for my Mrs, what kind of price are you getting ?

The woman’s version is called the Access Hybrid Pro 500. Has exactly the same spec as the male version but with female specific geometry.
Paul’s Cycles have quite a few left particularly in the white colour. Prices have recently been reduced from £2200 to approx £1750
If you wait for the 2020 Cube bikes you will get the new motor which is lighter and smaller and decouples when the speed limit is reached allowing you to peddle more easily using your own leg power. I suspect the price of the 2020 model will be £2100 - £2200

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles