• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Whats the best top 5 hardtails out at the moment?

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Surely the Vitus E-Sentier has got to be up there - their normal Sentier won hardtail of the year in MBR, and their hardtails seem to come out near the top in most tests.

Vitus

This Conway looks like a lot of fun too:

On Test: Conway eMT 627MX: Hard and fast – lots of fun to be had with this E-Hardtail – eMTB-News.de
I really like that , be nice to have the budget and young enough knees for a hardtail . The price doesn’t seem to be as good value as the full suss models they make , usually hardtail is quite a bit cheaper than equivalent full suss

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Part of me really wants a fun hardtail, but it's clearly the part of me that doesn't do the pedally bit so the rest of me isn't listening. :D

Catt

Apr 9, 2018
Cornwall
Have a look at the Cube Or Haibike hardtails. I didn’t like/get on with the Levo as a hardtail, mainly cos I just got off its full sus brother. Which just felt better. I went for a Cube in the end, partly cos it was a lot better deal on that and partly cos it felt better.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
When looking at a hardtail e mtb's i would look more closely into the weight - the full suspension E-MTBS benefit from the rear end giving better grip to the motor and massively help with dealing with the extra weight of the bikes, whereas on a hardtail this down to you and ease of moving the bike around.

Focus Bold 2 is really nice, has the reduced range due to battery size but felt a lot/hid its weight very well compared to any other e - mob i have ridden

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
There is no best, as it simply comes down your own personal requirements and expectations.

I sold my full suspension eMTB in favour of a hardtail, as it was just sitting around not being used, and over the years have owned four hardtail eMTB's, as my requirements have changed over the years.

The KTM Fogo 271 is pretty much 'my' perfect hardtail, and does pretty much everything and more than I want from a bike.

If I could have one other hardtail of choice, whilst still keeping the Fogo, then it would be The Cube Elite Hybrid C:62 SLT500
https://www.cube.eu/cz/2018/e-bikes...e-elite-hybrid-c62-slt-500-29-zeroblack-2018/ It would never get the use that the Fogo does, but it would be my perfect bike for trips on the South Downs.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I looked at the commencal hardtail ,it’s good value , then I thought why do I ride a hardtail . My reason for using my normal hardtail is that it’s light fast and easier to pedal than my full suss bike , I didn’t see much point in an ebike as I only use the ebike off road

Blackbird

May 23, 2018
Netherlands
I use mine on and off road, on the roads i cannot imagine that a full sus would ride as well as a hard tail (maybe i need some seat time). I have the Haibike HardNine 7.0. Maybe one day i'll get a fully for off-road.
Advantages of this model:
Has an intergrated 500wh downtube battery
The MRS multi rail system, allows for bottlecages, locks, and most of all a range extender for the bosch dual battery system (still waiting for mine to arrive)
Boost spacing front and rear.

emtbtakeover

May 9, 2018
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I was almost about to pull the trigger on the Commencal Meta HT Power Race 2017 when they ran out of my size. Size M is still in stock. Lyrik up front. Running on Rekon front and rear but that would need an obvious upgrade to minions. The rest of the bike is very good. Great bang for your buck.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have to say when out on the forum ride at the weekend we where all on FS except for Akkypac who was on a Focus Bold 2 HT, and it looked brutal some of the punishment the trail was handing out to him - He also had the mother of all blow outs on the rear ! Made me appreciate benefits of FS for sure.

Northumbrian

Sep 3, 2018
Rothbury
Vitus e Sentier VRX...... love it .....super slack angles , long wheelbase, ( front and rear wheels have different postcodes !)
Just wants to make me ride like a tw*t, jumping of anything available,, hammering berms.....need to keep reminding myself it ain’t a full Susser ! .... and cost less than £1800....?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles