Levo Gen 2 Which freehub driver do I need for SRAM Eagle NX cassette?

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
I’m a bit confused (doesn’t take much😀). I want to change my Nukeproof Horizon V2 from SRAM XD driver to be able to use the SRAM Eagle NX cassette but not sure whether it’s the Shimano HG or Microspline. I think it’s the Shimano HG I need but would be grateful of any advice

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
No change required. If you have an XD driver now, you need a couple tools to swap the current cassette to a new one.

What make cassette is on the wheel now?

How does a SRAM Eagle NX cassette possibly fit on to a Shimano HG driver? It doesn't!

Driver pics here.

super_claret

Aug 21, 2019
North Yorkshire
No change required. If you have an XD driver now, you need a couple tools to swap the current cassette to a new one.

What make cassette is on the wheel now?

How does a SRAM Eagle NX cassette possibly fit on to a Shimano HG driver? It doesn't!

Driver pics here.
SRAM website states the NX cassette needs a Shimano driver, presumably because they think they are stronger than XD drivers, especially as they state that the NX cassette is made for eMTB. My confusion arose from the fact that it didn’t mention Microspline or HG

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
OK HG it is! Shame on me.

"The NX cassette uses Shimano’s HyperGlide (HG) freehub body instead of SRAM’s XD Driver found on the rest of the brand’s 12-speed cassettes. This means the cassette’s range is only 11-50t compared to 10-52t for the more expensive XD versions."

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles