Which E-bike?

leomurr

Nov 10, 2020
aberdeen
Looking to spend around the 5k mark give or take, but undecided what to go for? Been looking at Orbea, Scott and Cube bikes around that price but unsure.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Might be a daft question but what sort of places are you planning on riding it? Whilst there are loads of bikes to choose from in this sort of price range it might be easier to narrow it down a bit by where you aim to ride it and what you perhaps want to be able to achieve in the near to mid future. :)

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I went for an Orbea Wild FS H20 a few weeks ago which I managed to get for £3990. Very good spec for the money. 160mm Fox suspension and 29" wheels. No regrets so far. It rides an order of magnitude better than my last bike which had 27.5" wheels and 130mm travel.

Al

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Dificult to me to select a bike with out test ride it. Cube have been working for me and good value.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
I found that I simply adapted. The difference between my Trek Powerfly FS and the Orbea was quite dramatic to start with. Indeed I may not have bought the Orbea based on a short test ride but after 3 or 4 rides it felt perfectly natural to me. Admittedly I've only been riding seriously for 18 months so may not be the best advocate. I can appreciate that someone more experienced may notice the difference between 64 degrees and 65 degrees head angles but it's lost on me.:)

Al

leomurr

Nov 10, 2020
aberdeen
Might be a daft question but what sort of places are you planning on riding it? Whilst there are loads of bikes to choose from in this sort of price range it might be easier to narrow it down a bit by where you aim to ride it and what you perhaps want to be able to achieve in the near to mid future. :)
Planning hitting trails and mountains mostly, this will be my first full suspension bike just had hardtails in the past. I've hired e-bikes in the past few months and decided I definite want one.
The bikes I've been looking at are the, Cube hybrid 140 action team, Orbea wild M20 and the Scott genius 910. I guess they're all good bikes just a case of picking one.

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
They are all great bikes as you say and there is a danger of over analysing. I shortlisted the Cube, Orbea and Focus. Couldn't get a demo on the last 2 (or even a decent response from a dealer) so bought a Cube from my LBS so what is available will be a big consideration.

Loving the Cube BTW

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles