Decisions Decisions Decisions Which Bike ???

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Just one guy's opinion but I really don't care for the suspension on Treks, not the damper spec so much but the feel of its action. While battery size and motor for sure are important, to me the bike's feel and components are first, assuming the motor and battery are not undersized/powered or anything like that. That rail looks sweet though, I'll give it that.

ebikerlancs

Oct 28, 2019
Lancashire, UK
Following this thread with interest as I'm trying to decide on a first emtb also.

Had been looking at the Trek Rails - interesting to see they are doing discounts. Test drove a Rail 9.7 carbon yesterday and it was immense although bit out of my budget. Had been looking at the 5 but 7 could be a go-er with that discount. That Cube looked interesting also.

Slightly wary about Bosch gen 4 because of lack of tuning but seem to be so few 2020 bikes with the Shimano E8000?

Considering any others?

themonkster

Sep 27, 2019
Manchester
Following this thread with interest as I'm trying to decide on a first emtb also.

Had been looking at the Trek Rails - interesting to see they are doing discounts. Test drove a Rail 9.7 carbon yesterday and it was immense although bit out of my budget. Had been looking at the 5 but 7 could be a go-er with that discount. That Cube looked interesting also.

Slightly wary about Bosch gen 4 because of lack of tuning but seem to be so few 2020 bikes with the Shimano E8000?

Considering any others?
Orbea Wild FS M20. MTB Monster are offering 10%off at the moment. It does look pretty awesome.

I love the colour of the Rail 5 but the 7 with the discount makes it a no brainer with all the extra kit you get.

The Cube is mainly Carbon with an Aluminium rear triangle. Great spec for great money.

There's too much good stuff coming out at the moment. Might go down to a flip of a coin.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Here are a few using Shimano: BMC, Norco, Bianchi, YT, canyon, Bulls.

Intense Tazer which I would love to have given how well I think their suspension works but couldn't get on with the look of the battery in the down tube. I'm wagering the next gen Intense emtb is going be killer

ebikerlancs

Oct 28, 2019
Lancashire, UK
Any love for the Vitus e-Sommett here?

Great reviews, good price and Shimano motors. Spec keeps referring to how aggressive the geometry is though etc? Will this be annoying to ride on flat trails and tow paths etc? Not my only usage but would be good for commute occasionally.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Any love for the Vitus e-Sommett here?

Great reviews, good price and Shimano motors. Spec keeps referring to how aggressive the geometry is though etc? Will this be annoying to ride on flat trails and tow paths etc? Not my only usage but would be good for commute occasionally.
I think there's a fairly new XL for sale on here.

themonkster

Sep 27, 2019
Manchester
So the Scott went to a new home today. The deposit has been put down on the Rail 7 as below. The LBS knocked 10% off to match another offer. Happy days. Can't wait for my 1st EMTB.

Thanks for everyone's input.
E761D913-9F00-446D-8DBD-D04CBE41099B.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles