Decisions, decisions...

chris f

Aug 1, 2021
cannock chase United Kingdom
Hi guys been a while since I've been here but looking for some advice/ opinions ,after 2 years with my 2021 turbo levo I'm thinking about changing ebikes. Have narrowed it down to the Orbea Wild ,Mondraker crafty R or a Focus. I want a Bosh motor with 750wh power pack . Can anyone through any other options at me or give me a idea on pros and cons of the bikes I'm looking at

Cheers guys

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
As always better to buy whatever brand from a lbs reasonably close to you.
You could also check out the Whyte range. You don't specify the type of bike you want...trail, enduro, super enduro, or your budget. There are lots of bargain prices at the moment.....sadly that also means you are unlikely to find selling your Levo for a decent price an easy task.
You could also consider upgrading your Levo as an alternative. If you currently have the 700w/h battery a 750 will not be very different in terms of range and a CX motor no more powerful than the Brose.....albeit probably more robust.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi guys been a while since I've been here but looking for some advice/ opinions ,after 2 years with my 2021 turbo levo I'm thinking about changing ebikes. Have narrowed it down to the Orbea Wild ,Mondraker crafty R or a Focus. I want a Bosh motor with 750wh power pack . Can anyone through any other options at me or give me a idea on pros and cons of the bikes I'm looking at

Cheers guys
There were some good deals on the Mondy's in the Discount bike parts thread the other day ... That's a pro - great value !

Papa Jim

Jun 11, 2023
Bonney Lake
I'm in the same boat, looking to upgrade to something that has more Nm. My Levo SL is OK when riding with a mixed group but I get my butt kicked when riding with a younger pure ebike group.
I want a trail bike with a Bosh motor and Shimano components. Looking at the Orbea Rise. Obviously want reliability and watts this go around. Are there any stand out's in the category?

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I'm in the same boat, looking to upgrade to something that has more Nm. My Levo SL is OK when riding with a mixed group but I get my butt kicked when riding with a younger pure ebike group.
I want a trail bike with a Bosh motor and Shimano components. Looking at the Orbea Rise. Obviously want reliability and watts this go around. Are there any stand out's in the category?
Pivot Shuttle AM

Papa Jim

Jun 11, 2023
Bonney Lake
I looked at the Pivot Shuttle AM.
You're right, Checked out the AM's spec's and it would be an excellent upgrade from my Specialized Levo SL. My wallet balked at the cost factor tho. Had a Switchblade so that aspect makes the decision a bit easier. Gotta give that some more thought.
Thanks for the feedback.

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
I looked at the Pivot Shuttle AM.
You're right, Checked out the AM's spec's and it would be an excellent upgrade from my Specialized Levo SL. My wallet balked at the cost factor tho. Had a Switchblade so that aspect makes the decision a bit easier. Gotta give that some more thought.
Thanks for the feedback.
It’s basically a Switchblade with a motor, at least that’s what they were aiming for. I’d order one if the battery was removable, can’t fly it from the US to the UK with the battery. I refuse to buy bikes here as they’re way overpriced.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles