Which new bike

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Had my Scott egenius 720 for a year now, forks got upgraded to Fox 34 rhythm which improved it massively. It’s a superb trail bike at my local Sherwood pines but I want to add something more suited to places like bike park wales and Leeds urban bike park.
I do like the Bosch system and the cube stereo hybrid 160SL seems to tick a lot of boxes. Lots more travel on the suspension being the major difference. It’s also available for £3500.

But with such a big purchase any others similar I should be looking at ?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
There will almost certainly be a new Bosch motor this year so if you're set on a Bosch it would pay to wait as there should be some stonking deals coming up.

Otherwise, long travel bikes to look at at that price point are the Vitus e-Sommet, YT Decoy and discounted Spesh Kenevo.

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
The YT decoy looks lovely and there’s the Haibike nduro with flyon motor, too much choice

Max-E

Apr 30, 2019
UK
Like many I'm keenly waiting final details on the imminent Propain:

Ekano 2019 - Propain Bikes EN

p5pb17164270.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Take a look at the Giant offerings. they are not Bosch (modified Yamaha), and they get good kit for the money. When I test rode the Giants, I liked the spec and the price, but I didn't like the motor. The test was early on my journey towards emtb and I didn't like the rocker switch shifter, nor the way the motor pulsed under my feet. I remember that the power delivery seemed odd to me, seemed huge torque early on but faded later, but I might be remembering a different bike now as I tried so many. The Giant rep said my cadence was too low, (my fault then!) And a trivial issue to many, but not to me; I did not like the colours of the spec I was considering.

Apart from that, great bike. My reasons for rejection are all down to either personal dislike about minor issues, or possibly down to inexperience at emtb. Many like the Yamaha power delivery.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Another stand out bike was the French bike the Moustache Samedi. I loved the bike, a lot, and it is a proper looker and no mistake. On my 4 hour test ride, I must have got stopped half a dozen times by people wanting to know what it was. Ultimately, I rejected it because it has a Bosch motor. But if you like Bosch.......

Couchy

Nov 15, 2018
Nottingham
Cheers Steve,need to find demos tbh. Without riding YT decoy or Haibike flyon would be short listed. Decoy seems to have modern geometry and wheels for downhill use. My bike is great at the bike parks but I do fancy something more suitable and more bikes are always better lol

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles