Which bashguard for my Turbo Levo - comparison / thoughts on Rockguards & Amygos Protection.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Hey guys.

I've recently made a comparison between fitment and construction of two readily available bashguards for the Secialized Turbo Levo E-Mountain bike.

The two guards I review are :

1 : ROCKGUARDZ

https://www.rockguardz.com/ (UK design and manufacture). Rockguardz :
https://www.rockguardz.com/rockguardz...

Rockguardz are a well established UK brand, and very lightweight and sexy bash guards for a number of bikes. The Rockguardz option is actually two pieces, that need to be purchased separately - but work together well for a total cost of 60 Pounds Sterling.

2 : AMYGOS PROTECTIONS

http://amygos.fr/protections-cadre-vt... (French design and manufacture).
http://amygos.fr/protections-cadre-vt...

Antoine is a plastics and materials artist from France, and he makes a wide variety of guards for many bikes, including the Levo. I like that the Amygos bash plate mounts very securely and is padded inside a very protective moulded plastic.

The Rockguardz bashplate fits both the Levo and Kenevo, whereas you need to order bike specific bash guards if opting for the Amygos. I hope you enjoy this video.

caterhamnut

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
South West
Nice video Tori - I recently fitted the two Rockguardz pieces - so rocky up here on Dartmoor....it’s kinda done it’s job so far - may look into the Amygos as well....

38DFF4C8-95BD-4577-9133-5CE210243147.jpeg

B792A502-88EE-4652-8F89-F19E208C8C00.jpeg

Apr 10, 2018
US
Good stuff!!! Thanks for taking the time to put together a review on the two setups. I've been looking at the Amygos guard, as I liked the protection it appeared to provide, now I'm sure that's the route I'm going to go.

Chris6

Apr 4, 2019
South west
The Amygos guard adds about 5mm , it’s well made & fits really well. It covers the charging socket plug & also protects the chain ring. Expensive but worth it for the protection it offers .

Chris6

Apr 4, 2019
South west
I thought I would add a few photos of an alternate bashguard to the two above. Available from Berkshire bikes. My only concern is the single fixing point using the battery compartment bolt.

View attachment 19170

View attachment 19171
I made an aluminium guard like this . I also was not too happy with the battery bolt securing . I added Velcro to it under the bottom bracket . Its a lot for that bolt to hold steady especially when it has a substantial hit .

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I thought I would add a few photos of an alternate bashguard to the two above. Available from Berkshire bikes. My only concern is the single fixing point using the battery compartment bolt.

View attachment 19170 That's what I have glad I got it had loads of big rock thumps off it. Knocked the battery connection off last week. Agree single point actually think a longer bolt should be used saying that never been loose yet.

View attachment 19171

MadDash

Oct 24, 2019
Connecticut USA
Which Berkshire Bike Shop are you speaking of for the aluminum bash-guard are you speaking of?

Specialized has replaced my 2017 S-works Levo, that I am picking up later this coming week with a 2019 S-Works(yeah! its a very happy ending with Specialized). Although I have never broken any of the bits that the guard will protect, I agree that a bash-guard is a very good idea. Thinking I am going with the Amygos.

Also, another question for Tori? (awesome videos by the way)
Tori, I see you were able to get a chain guard and a guard for the left side of the rear triangle? i didn't see one on the Amygos site for the left side of the bike. Did you just use two right side protectors?

Thanks, Myles

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Which Berkshire Bike Shop are you speaking of for the aluminum bash-guard are you speaking of?

Specialized has replaced my 2017 S-works Levo, that I am picking up later this coming week with a 2019 S-Works(yeah! its a very happy ending with Specialized). Although I have never broken any of the bits that the guard will protect, I agree that a bash-guard is a very good idea. Thinking I am going with the Amygos.

Also, another question for Tori? (awesome videos by the way)
Tori, I see you were able to get a chain guard and a guard for the left side of the rear triangle? i didn't see one on the Amygos site for the left side of the bike. Did you just use two right side protectors?

Thanks, Myles
Shop is in crowthorne Myles good protection . I have Velcro attached it now the bolt securing it only went 1.5 turns and could not source a longer bolt .

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
I used this bash guard and after a couple of hits it came loose at bpw and bent out of shape, 1 bolt isnt enough to hold it on imo. Going to see if I can get a thinner version made with better secure attachments

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I used this bash guard and after a couple of hits it came loose at bpw and bent out of shape, 1 bolt isnt enough to hold it on imo. Going to see if I can get a thinner version made with better secure attachments
I just removed the bolt two days ago and am just using heavy duty Velcro instead i had a wet 18 mile spin yesterday solid as a rock so far. Could have been nasty if your battery had dropped down as well. Iwas probably tightening it more than it should have been done 900miles and been ok. and as its brass insert i was concerned about stripping it.Not a big fan of loosening and tightening bolts too often.

Last edited:

Philsilva

Apr 27, 2020
Derby

Unicycle_DG

Sep 26, 2020
Kentucky
Really like how the Amygos bash guard protects the succeptable charge port on the Levo. Can someone confirm it would fit a 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo Comp? How might someone in the United States (Kentucky) go about ordering? Don't speak French.

Chris6

Apr 4, 2019
South west
Really like how the Amygos bash guard protects the succeptable charge port on the Levo. Can someone confirm it would fit a 2021 Specialized Turbo Levo Comp? How might someone in the United States (Kentucky) go about ordering? Don't speak French.

No problem to order on his web site , you might need a translate app for the odd word.I bought the bash guard & the down tube guard on separate occasions for my 2019 expert no problems . Great products well made ,fit really well & offer excelent protection , best available in my opinion .Some dont like the look of the bash guard but depends on what you want ,it works. Unless Specialized have changed the design of frame It should be fine.Perhaps Send an email to specialized or Amygos for confirmation of fitment/frame changes.

NewBeeEMTB

Jun 28, 2021
SoCal
I just ordered a new one from RockGuardz for my 2022 Levo and I must say it appears they have really refined and done it right for the new model it's one solid piece now and like Tori said it looks sexy! I ordered it today June 30 so I will keep everyone posted on how long it takes to get to the US from GB.

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
I got the bash guard from Pedalhounds , they supply it with a slightly longer bolt has a Velcro pad and you can also zip tie the rear on the rear motor mounts
It’s available in a number of finishes and made of stainless steel
About £60 , I’m very pleased with mine fitted to a 2019 Levo

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I got the bash guard from Pedalhounds , they supply it with a slightly longer bolt has a Velcro pad and you can also zip tie the rear on the rear motor mounts
It’s available in a number of finishes and made of stainless steel
About £60 , I’m very pleased with mine fitted to a 2019 Levo
I got the guard from Berkshire cycles but looked for ever for a longer bolt eventually jot it from pedalhounds . Good guard though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles