Levo Gen 3 Where To Buy Brose XO Eagle Transmission Groupset?

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Can't find this groupset anywhere?

Help.
The brose groupset is not 100% compatible with the Gen 3 Levo. Both the included cranks and chainring will give you the wrong offset. You need to buy the 104BCD groupset.

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I was able to get all of the parts from Brands Cycle in NY. Great people, great prices. 104 BCD chainring, chain, cassette, and derailleur. I re-used my AXS paddle shifters (I prefer them to the new pod shifters).

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
The brose groupset is not 100% compatible with the Gen 3 Levo. Both the included cranks and chainring will give you the wrong offset. You need to buy the 104BCD groupset.

Though I'd personally stick with the 34T chainring unless you have a reason to go to the 36T. Note that the SRAM chain length calculator will be correct for either the 34T or 36T though.

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
I was able to get all of the parts from Brands Cycle in NY. Great people, great prices. 104 BCD chainring, chain, cassette, and derailleur. I re-used my AXS paddle shifters (I prefer them to the new pod shifters).
I found the old shifter fits better for me as well, the new bracket for the Pod I could not get in a good place with my Magura MT7

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Though I'd personally stick with the 34T chainring unless you have a reason to go to the 36T. Note that the SRAM chain length calculator will be correct for either the 34T or 36T though.
A good reason to go with the 36T chainring is drivetrain wear. According to SRAM, for every two teeth you add to the chainring you can increase the lifespan of the components by approximately 50%.

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States
Only catch on the chain length is if you want to run the 36T and in the low setting it shows you need 120 length vs the 118 length for the 36T in the High setting. So I cut mine to 118 and if I want to run low I have to switch to the 34T chainring.

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Only catch on the chain length is if you want to run the 36T and in the low setting it shows you need 120 length vs the 118 length for the 36T in the High setting. So I cut mine to 118 and if I want to run low I have to switch to the 34T chainring.
I ran 120 links with a 36T in both low and high, no problems.

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
I followed the app and it listed 118 for when I input High setting, it was until a day after that I thought about running it in low and the app then showed 120
I had figured out prior to install that I needed 120 links with 36T when in low. I initially cut to 120 links and tested in high to see if it caused any issues, no problems, so I left at 120. I've also heard other folks saying that they run 118 in low and high without an issue...

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I found the old shifter fits better for me as well, the new bracket for the Pod I could not get in a good place with my Magura MT7
I'm having the same issue. If I put it to the right off the Magura, the POD is almost rubbing against my thumb... and on the left side of the Magura it's just that bit too far away. A bit of a stretch to press it. My brakes haven't moved for about 10 years, so I'm not wanting to move them now...

I wondered if the £60 "Bridge Clamp" would make it more adjustable when hanging it off the Magura matchmaker. I like the feel and the angle of the POD... but it's not much use if I can't get the distance correct!

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
I'm having the same issue. If I put it to the right off the Magura, the POD is almost rubbing against my thumb... and on the left side of the Magura it's just that bit too far away. A bit of a stretch to press it. My brakes haven't moved for about 10 years, so I'm not wanting to move them now...

I wondered if the £60 "Bridge Clamp" would make it more adjustable when hanging it off the Magura matchmaker. I like the feel and the angle of the POD... but it's not much use if I can't get the distance correct!

Throw away the matchmaker clamp. Immediately. Horrible ergonomics. Get the AXS-specific clamp with the proper offset, and the Magura clamp. Links below. You'll thank me later.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA

See above - my recommendation for the ultimate setup for the AXS paddle shifter + Magura MT7's.

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States

Not sure this would work as the Magura has the bolt pointing down and the looks like it needs to be putting towards the rider to work. This is the clamp you mentioned?
1687811458118.png

Murch

Aug 9, 2019
United States

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Not sure this would work as the Magura has the bolt pointing down and the looks like it needs to be putting towards the rider to work. This is the clamp you mentioned? View attachment 118892
Bridge is available for both left and right side.

The general consensus seems to be that the infinity clamp has much better ergonomics...

1687813701198.png
1687813731925.png

Last edited:

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
I really think they should make a shifter that's a little like the remote for the power modes on the Reign.

Last edited:

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Not sure this would work as the Magura has the bolt pointing down and the looks like it needs to be putting towards the rider to work. This is the clamp you mentioned? View attachment 118892
I wondered about that - but I’ve seen a few pictures with people with it going away from you and the POD set further back.
I want to make it work… just not sure how!!

Do you have a picture of it setup?

I have a spare AXS clamp, so I think might try this. Didn’t think about it until I saw above!

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Agreed, the Infinity clamp works really well on the new POD's.
What brake levers do you have? I just can't get the infinity clamp into a suitable place with the Magura levers. It needs an adjustment in the middle so you can either bend it closer or further away.
I'm going to play about with it tonight and see if I can get a better option.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
What brake levers do you have? I just can't get the infinity clamp into a suitable place with the Magura levers. It needs an adjustment in the middle so you can either bend it closer or further away.

Do you like the pods? I tried them and returned them. The paddle version of the older AXS shifter just "feels" more natural to me.

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
I use SRAM Codes. Maybe I was just lucky as they fit perfectly on the inside of the brake clamp. I've used matchmaker mounts for years, always liked the clean looks and the placement of the shifter was fine with both mechanical and AXS shifter.

Like you I was disappointed that SRAM didn't include the bridge, there was no way I was going to drop £60 on on it so I used the infinity clamp. I now wouldn't go back...

I guess it doesn't work for you due to the distance you run your brake levers from the grips?

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
Do you like the pods? I tried them and returned them. The paddle version of the older AXS shifter just "feels" more natural to me.
At first no, I thought I didn't like the ergonomics and they felt a bit cheap! After using them on a couple of rides I then went back to the original controllers, it was then very evident why the POD's were better in almost every aspect. They have a far more positive feel to the buttons and it's almost impossible to accidently shift the gear by knocking the controller, something I did frequently on the originals.

I like them so much I replaced my Reverb controller as well.

I should also mention that I prefer the standard POD with plastic buttons rather than the ultimate with rubber buttons.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles