Where do you ride in Oregon/Washington?

Seraye

Sep 8, 2020
Portland
Hello- brand new to emtb, live in Portland area and know I can ride the at Sandy, Post Canyon and Timberline to Town. Any other favorite emtb rides? Also, anyone out there that uses their emtb for gravel/adventur/bike packing rides (like Ripplebrook v2) And where? Thanks! Susan

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
When I lived in PDX, Sauvies Id., I liked to roam around in the Tualitin hills between town and Scappoose plus hit every ridable part of the Island on my eDrop bar bike. Also rode all the legal bike access stuff in Forest Park. For eMTB I would shuttle to Rocky Pt. and park at the bottom and ride those trails which are now much better shape due to all the work done on them after being taken over by NTA.

I am back at the coast now and primarily ride logging roads and some trips out to the WRT. Otherwise you are only limited by your imagination and range capability.

Seraye

Sep 8, 2020
Portland
That’s great feedback! I was just thinking about riding out to Rocky Point and Also exploring the edge of Forest Park. (Of course, Rocky point is closed now due to fire hazard)

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I should clarify that I have two, well actually three eBikes and my eMTB fully knobbied out and a smaller battery was too clunky to ride out to Rocky Pt. thus the shuttle. My drop bar bikes have bigger batteries and more efficient for road miles and I could ride there easily but not as much fun on the trails. Also I would go up to Skyline and ride that and one of the paved roads back down for the speed effect. Usually Newbury as it was closed the last few years I was there.

Fully aware of the level 4 status but it won't be around forever! It's even smoky here by my place near Oceanside.

smoke.jpg

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I should clarify that I have two, well actually three eBikes and my eMTB fully knobbied out and a smaller battery was too clunky to ride out to Rocky Pt. thus the shuttle. My drop bar bikes have bigger batteries and more efficient for road miles and I could ride there easily but not as much fun on the trails. Also I would go up to Skyline and ride that and one of the paved roads back down for the speed effect. Usually Newbury as it was closed the last few years I was there.

Fully aware of the level 4 status but it won't be around forever! It's even smoky here by my place near Oceanside.

View attachment 39965
I am in Orange and the sky looks the same.
It’s heartbreaking that every year these fires get bigger.

Mabman

Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
I am in Orange and the sky looks the same.
It’s heartbreaking that every year these fires get bigger.

Seems to be the whole coast then as I'm in OR. If the wind would start blowing from the W/NW as per usual it would go away....

FlowDough

Nov 11, 2018
North America
Hello- brand new to emtb, live in Portland area and know I can ride the at Sandy, Post Canyon and Timberline to Town.
Sorry to deliver bad news but E Bikes are not allowed on US Forest Service trails so Timberline to Town and the connected trails down the mountain could get you in trouble on an e bike. I heard Sandy will open up again by the 15th but it might take awhile to clean it up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles