Where can I buy a EP8 motor?

CFME

May 4, 2021
Mt Eliza
I want to upgrade my e8000 motor to the new ep8. Where's my best chance of getting one? looks like I can get all the other bits.. its just the drive unit that I'm after.. thanks

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I don't know what application you are thinking of but they are different sizes and use different wiring. If you are looking for a direct swap into your frame, you will probably be extremely frustrated as they are different.

CFME

May 4, 2021
Mt Eliza
I don't know what application you are thinking of but they are different sizes and use different wiring. If you are looking for a direct swap into your frame, you will probably be extremely frustrated as they are different.
Yup, I know all the wiring and components need to be upgraded as well, but the mountings for the motor are the same, it’s pretty straight forward to upgrade (once you’ve got the bits), but costly! The 2022 version of my bike has the ep8 fitted so I know it’ll fit with no frame modification needed

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Speak to your LBS. if they have an account with your countries Shimano distributor they should be able to order a motor.
whether they have any in stock will be the main issue.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles