When will Trek bring out...

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
When will Trek have a long(er) travel emtb? By this I mean something over 150/160. I recently got a Husky HC7 with 180mm travel and absolutely love it. The EP8 motor...not so much, but I'm working on remapping it hopefully. But the added suspension makes a HUGE difference to me. Now, I realize the Husky has SD+ shock and Zeb fork, which are way better than the 9.7 I have. But, longer travel bikes seem to be on the horizon with bike makers. What are the odds Trek will develop an emtb like this?

Last edited:

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
When will Trek have a long(er) travel emtb? By this I mean something over 150/160. I recently got a Husky HC7 with 1800mm travel and absolutely love it. The EP8 motor...not so much, but I'm working on remapping it hopefully. But the added suspension makes a HUGE difference to me. Now, I realize the Husky has SD+ shock and Zeb fork, which are way better than the 9.7 I have. But, longer travel bikes seem to be on the horizon with bike makers. What are the odds Trek will develop an emtb like this?

You can go upto 170 on the fork with no problems and can up the rear shock travel a little so you are not far off? Not sure you would get away with 1800mm though:)

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
ummmm...yeah. One too many zeroes. Fixed it...lol. Yeah, but the whole buying new suspension sucks. If Trek would just build a bike with more travel it would def be better IMHO. EVERYBODY makes a 150/160 bike. Seen one, seen them all. But it seems like few make 180 enduro bikes. I definitely like the extra travel.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
ummmm...yeah. One too many zeroes. Fixed it...lol. Yeah, but the whole buying new suspension sucks. If Trek would just build a bike with more travel it would def be better IMHO. EVERYBODY makes a 150/160 bike. Seen one, seen them all. But it seems like few make 180 enduro bikes. I definitely like the extra travel.
I think all the Rail’s use Rockshox forks so they are easy and cheap to change the travel, not sure on the shocks.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
If you have an Aluminum Rail you can long stroke the rear shock up to 65mm and get 169mm rear travel. I run my Rail 7 with a DHX2 230x65mm Rear and a Trust Shout linkage fork with 178mm front travel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles