What's the longest you haven't bought anything for your Ebike for?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
bought tyres a couple of months ago but thats it..
youre definitely right, im always looking for something to buy but its always pedals, shoes or similar.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I bought bits and pieces until I got my bike riding ‘just right.’ Took a few months to get things ironed out because some items needed trial-and-error selection. Haven’t bought a thing for it since, and don’t have a wish list for it either.

Come to think of it, I don’t even know why I’m still hanging around here for! ?

No wait... I just realised... it’s probably FOMO. ?

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
Probably only a month...

I’ve had the bike since June. Saddle, grips and pedals are the defacto “change” items at the beginning.

A couple of days went by before a split Maxxis Minion which put me off the OEM tyres so I bought a Maxxis Agressor. Swapped a few weeks later for Smart Sam’s on offer at Merlin. Great summer tyre.

I didn’t buy much until the weather changed. Since then it’s been Eddy Currents, chain, cassette, front ring, loads of lube (!) and brake pads.

Barbara_Reed

Oct 18, 2020
FR
Nothing for my main bike for a couple of months. OTOH, my husband bought two trikes so we could tandem them and I could do most of the work and we could go out together. Which took the bike budget for the next hundred years for two Hase Trigos, one with an electric assist because I'm not totally out of my mind. And then they needed some luggage capacity so that was another ten years of bike budget.

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
Got a 203 brake adapter and rotor last month for the rear, because the 180 adapter (+20 shimano PM) seemingly folded a little after I uninstalled it and I was confused as to why the bolt holes didn't line up and nothing sat flush. I removed it since I wanted to reclean and lube the pistons, since one was sticking further than the other, and thought I could get a better angle on it this way.

A month prior, I had replaced the brake pads.

A month prior to that, I had to replace the rear derailleur and chain, since an outer link popped off the prior chain and wrecked RD as I pedaled.

4 months prior to that, I had replaced the rear tire with a DH casing Assegai.

Memory is hazy before this, but I know I went through 2-3 tires for the rear, smashed rims on the front OE and newish carbon rear wheel (Fall '19), worn-out rear brake pads, OE rear wheel that I wrecked a freehub on (Summer '19), and a DHRII tire I had in front (April '19), all in the 12 months prior to mounting the Assegai. I have photo and maintenance records to back my memory up.

I didn't necessarily *buy* these things at this time. I bought them a long while ago, as spares (or steal parts from my other bikes). The things I do rack up a credit card bill on are mostly gear, like a GoPro Hero 8 Black, 100% Armega Goggles, extra sets of balaclavas to comply with COVID-19 mask guidelines, shoe gaiter, Leatt AirFlex Stealth body armor, and 4 fresh merino shirts.

Seemingly only the frame, Shimano motor, battery, wheel speed sensor, brakes, and suspension are stock on my ebike. The fork's bushings are clacky like a loose headset. Rear tire is almost bald. Been wanting to get another battery, as mine has reduced capacity (8300 miles on the odometer, lasts under 3h on eco) and I want to increase my roaming range. I often start planning to turn back when I see I'm at 2-3 bars, knowing I'm relying on the battery to help me carry the spares, gear, and heavier-duty parts this far in the first place. There's performance left on the table, and I feel like I'm getting value out of my purchases enough to move up to better... been eyeing that Marin Alpine Trail E2.

Last edited:

GolfMaster52

Oct 19, 2020
Bentonville, Arkansas
Bought my Rail 7 in May. I added pedals, new grips, Invisaframe protection, and an integrated Lupine headlight and tail light, for night riding. Got a Kiox for Christmas and installed it a few days ago. She has performed flawlessly. Other than new brake pads, everything has held up quite well, after 800 miles. May consider moving to XT when needed, but don't have any complaints with the current set up. Would welcome any recommendations for new tires. Thinking about the new Pirelli's just to be different. But, maybe there is a reason every bike I see is sporting a set of Maxxis.

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Nothing for me, I just purchased another bike with better speck although I am guilty of buying shit. New helmet shoes gloves Garmin including watch i need glasses to actually see. I did have to buy my new bike some £90 pedals though so i guess im guilty but in my defence it came without any.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Still nothing in 2021, but it's getting harder and harder. I promised my finance minister that I'd hold off for a while after a large investment in the Levo plus a bunch of other stuff to go with it. The spending dyke is springing leaks...

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Nothing for my main bike for a couple of months. OTOH, my husband bought two trikes so we could tandem them and I could do most of the work and we could go out together. Which took the bike budget for the next hundred years for two Hase Trigos, one with an electric assist because I'm not totally out of my mind. And then they needed some luggage capacity so that was another ten years of bike budget.
So you've spent 110 years of bike budget ..how much would it cost me for a small vial of eternal youth juice you both must be drinking ( if I promise not to tell anyone else ) ?

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Not bought a thing since a trip to Morzine in June 2019 , then a few weeks back suddenly got the need for a new bike . Looking at reviews and tests of bikes and kit is dangerous for me hence I just try not to look for a year or so until curiosity gets the better if me . New bikes and new kit Somehow seem to increase enthusiasm to ride

Barbara_Reed

Oct 18, 2020
FR
So you've spent 110 years of bike budget ..how much would it cost me for a small vial of eternal youth juice you both must be drinking ( if I promise not to tell anyone else ) ?
No cost other than keep on riding. We do sometimes overdraw the budget because ĺife is too short to either drink cheap wine or stop doing things we both enjoy.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
The longest must be about 14 days sometimes.
Periods I'm busy making money, instead of spending it.

I also experienced that all those delivered boxes pile up sometimes, and it then often easily takes more than a week to get everything mounted.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles