What's the highest altitude you've reached on your eMTB?

sauravgartaula

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
The higher the altitude, the harder the climb. The harder the climb, better the view and the thrill element.

Post a picture if you have one.

E

EddieJ

A gentle stroll in the park. ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And an example of a climb.

use_13.jpg

E

EddieJ

I'm actually in the throws of completing what should be a world record setting climb. I'm aiming to be the first person to pedal to the Top Of Europe (at least by name) It is far from being a straight forward ride, and the elevation is 11,332ft (3,454m) with the actual elevation gain for the ride from valley bottom of 8,701ft (2,652m) over a distance of roughly 16 miles. The complication of the ride is that the final 5.6 miles of it are through a railway tunnel. This all started as a bit of Friday night down the pub idea, after a few beers. I didn't even take the idea seriously, until I mentioned it to a client, who simply said, "leave it to me". He just happened to have connections in the right places, and what would be considered impossible, is now in the process of being made possible. The idea has spiralled a bit of control though, but I don't really want to give too much away about it the moment, but I'm hoping that if the ride does take place, that I should be able to raise some serious money for charity. Time will tell. :)

As for the ride down from the ride/rides shown, experiencing what is ten miles plus of down hill, is quite amazing, although equally pretty tough on the body and also the brakes. All good fun though.

This is the clip that got me into the whole concept and thinking, that if someone can ride down it, then I can ride up it. The clip does nothing to highlight the steepness or toughness, and I have still to complete what is the start of this ride. The guy in the clip went up by cable car, and I made the attempt to get there last year, but it is a hiking route, and there were too many people on the final mile or so, so I abandoned it. I'm aiming for another attempt this July, but will head off for the ride in darkness, before the first cable cars get there.

This photo shows the points that I have so far reached.

P1010054.jpg

This concrete strip has defeated me twice, but again, I'm aiming to get up it this year. It is at the 1.50 minute point in the above clip, and when I first watched the clip, I wondered why he was going so slowly. I quickly realised when I had to try to climb it! I have since learnt that if you see concrete on a trail in the Alps, then you know that it is going to be steep. It also has very fine loose stone covering it, which makes it quite slippery in respect of gaining traction.

P1010017-_Copyc.jpg

P1010021-_Copya.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sauravgartaula

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
I'm actually in the throws of completing what should be a world record setting climb. I'm aiming to be the first person to pedal to the Top Of Europe (at least by name) It is far from being a straight forward ride, and the elevation is 11,332ft (3,454m) with the actual elevation gain for the ride from valley bottom of 8,701ft (2,652m) over a distance of roughly 16 miles. The complication of the ride is that the final 5.6 miles of it are through a railway tunnel. This all started as a bit of Friday night down the pub idea, after a few beers. I didn't even take the idea seriously, until I mentioned it to a client, who simply said, "leave it to me". He just happened to have connections in the right places, and what would be considered impossible, is now in the process of being made possible. The idea has spiralled a bit of control though, but I don't really want to give too much away about it the moment, but I'm hoping that if the ride does take place, that I should be able to raise some serious money for charity. Time will tell. :)

As for the ride down from the ride/rides shown, experiencing what is ten miles plus of down hill, is quite amazing, although equally pretty tough on the body and also the brakes. All good fun though.

This is the clip that got me into the whole concept and thinking, that if someone can ride down it, then I can ride up it. The clip does nothing to highlight the steepness or toughness, and I have still to complete what is the start of this ride. The guy in the clip went up by cable car, and I made the attempt to get there last year, but it is a hiking route, and there were too many people on the final mile or so, so I abandoned it. I'm aiming for another attempt this July, but will head off for the ride in darkness, before the first cable cars get there.

This photo shows the points that I have so far reached.

P1010054.jpg

This concrete strip has defeated me twice, but again, I'm aiming to get up it this year. It is at the 1.50 minute point in the above clip, and when I first watched the clip, I wondered why he was going so slowly. I quickly realised when I had to try to climb it! I have since learnt that if you see concrete on a trail in the Alps, then you know that it is going to be steep. It also has very fine loose stone covering it, which makes it quite slippery in respect of gaining traction.

P1010017-_Copyc.jpg

P1010021-_Copya.jpg
EPIC!!! Stay safe and good luck to you!

E

EddieJ

I now have another another potential ride in mind for my next trip to the Swiss Alps. This one could be my toughest to date. :)

I've completed half of the climb, tackling it from a valley on the opposite side, but turned back when I was confronted by three very large and very unfriendly dogs. Tackling the climb from the opposing valley, might eliminate the need to pass through the alpine farm where they were.

26167544_537478153288390_1339915481749101565_n.jpg

And this is the final stages of the climb.

sauravgartaula

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
I now have another another potential ride in mind for my next trip to the Swiss Alps. This one could be my toughest to date. :)

I've completed half of the climb, tackling it from a valley on the opposite side, but turned back when I was confronted by three very large and very unfriendly dogs. Tackling the climb from the opposing valley, might eliminate the need to pass through the alpine farm where they were.

26167544_537478153288390_1339915481749101565_n.jpg

And this is the final stages of the climb.

Good luck to you!
Feels good to find inspirations all around the forum :D .

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
WHAT'S THE HIGHEST ALTITUDE YOU'VE REACHED ON YOUR EMTB?

I wish I could say 40,000 feet but they won't let me take the battery onboard unless they're 200 Wh modules. Actually they won't let me on the plane right now either but hopefully very soon.

Frank_Denmark

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Dec 17, 2018
Denmark
This summer visited Verbier and Mont Fort.
Rode with analog riders. So mostly lift-up and bike down-hill ??
2,500 meters down over 10-12 km was epic fun

618085A7-6142-496C-A64D-1AD52282A604.jpeg
047B89AE-AEFD-4550-B45F-9AF471FE5164.jpeg
7590A3AC-45AE-4EE4-B5AD-8A5432E4AC32.jpeg

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I've just come across this thread ..looks like Eddie J has deleted some pics ( I can't see them anyway ) ..which is a shame as they would appear to be epic ..
What happened to the world record attempt?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles