Whats the best full power, Full 29'er on the market today ??

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Best, Meaning The best... So a capable climber, And very Capable at bombing back down.
Eats trails, Enduro type drops and twisties. Im not looking at Value, Price brackets. just capability. If it needs a category it would be enduro.

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Everyone's opinion on best will be different, you need to ask the right questions.
If cost is the best then 27 grand will get you this, but it doesn't have the Bosch motor :LOL:

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Everyone's opinion on best will be different, you need to ask the right questions.
If cost is the best then 27 grand will get you this, but it doesn't have the Bosch motor :LOL:

Didnt realise it was a comedy night on hear tonight.. By Best i mean most capable

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It is a bit subjective.

Most people think their bike is the best .. lets face it, we're lucky, most bikes now are pretty amazing.

Geometry is all about compromises .. so best up, probably isn't best down and vice versa ..

Best looking ... haibike or giant ..

Best handling ... any hardtail fat bike ..

Best value out of the box at RRP ... any Specialized ..

You did say it was comedy night ..

ok, so :

Strive ON's are pretty outstanding. Pole's are interesting and supremely capable. Several of the new S-Ram motored bikes look to be top of their class. Gen4 Levo reads as the dogs danglies on paper (but you can't buy one yet). E-Mythique is shockingly capable despite it's price. The new Decathlon E-Big Mountain (Bosch, 750wh, 170mm Marzocchi Z1 coil fork and Bomber CR coil shock for about £4500) looks like a giant killer. ..... There's so many pretty exceptional bikes - to say best, something would have to be a margin ahead all around and there isn't really anything that fits that description.

As @TheSnowShark says ..... colour can define best ...

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Thanks Zimmer.. iv owned a few gen 2 levo's, Great bikes, just too linear, blew 4 or 5 motors. got a gen 3, liked it but think i preferred 29'er, got a trek rail, which confirmed it.. But the battery life wouldent last the day out with mates on there 700wh levo's.. at present iv got gen 3 S works "For Sale" fand a strive on, The Strive on is by far the best thing for jumping, Keep weight over the front and it turns well too, However.. i took a whyte e 160 round cwmcarn today and was reminded how good a full 20er is, this whyte was heavy, had shat brakes and shifter was hit n miss, but it was fast everywhere.
I know the new rail has a 750 b battery, but some reviews dont like the medium sizing. The mondraker crafty carbon xr, ticks all the box's, but again the reviews are hit n miss..

RiderOnTheStorm

By Best i mean most capable
Now we're getting somewhere!

There is still a vast choice though of enduro capable, Bosch powered ebikes. Most reputable, top tier brands offer such capable eMTB models.

So it comes down to personal preference, geometry, equipment, reliabilty, warranty, price/quality ratio, etc, and of course, look and feel!

In my opinion, Scott and Cannondale make the best ebikes, but that's my subjective assessment obviously! :LOL: :LOL:

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Along with the suggestions made already, the Crestline RS 75/50 is right up there.
Now they looks the bees... Sold out in every size and configuration, looks like i would need to go the 50/75 and size up to get a 29/29 though.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
The RS 75 sram, cx race 180/175. its available in the RH3, There middle size, in either mullet or 29/29. size chart states 5.9 to 6.3. im 5.8 so will chat to them first.
IMG_5970.jpeg

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Mondraker Crafty is a great all rounder, only place it loses out is tight twisty stuff. Some of the models work better than others though.

GravityDT

Aug 19, 2023
USA
Just scored a ‘23 Wild LTD with the CX race motor this past week, a local shop had it show up the day before I swung by to inquire about placing an order for a ‘24 as it sounded like all Wilds from ‘23 were sold out. Guess not, apparently they ordered it last Spring and it just now arrived. Holy Hell this thing Rips!

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I've been out lately with a few Norco Sight VLTs and very impressed with them. I still like my Specialized better and the Norco is an EP8 but still pretty nice bikes.

I have their BigFoot VLT and love having the option of battery size.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I'm on a Voima. It is a monster In the big chunk. It's like a dh bike with a motor.
On the normal stuff it's no better than my mates rails,levos. At some point if flat twistyness its a bit wirse being so long travel, long wb and slack. But as soon as it gets wild.... see ya later suckers.

20231008_103048.jpg

franciscoasismm

May 31, 2021
Badajoz
Best price/quality ratio

Neuron:ON CF 7 4.499 €
Weight: 22.90 kg
or from €749.83/month
4.999 €
You save 500 €
Supports 160mm fork

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles