Whats the best full power, Full 29'er on the market today ??

surlyrides

Jun 10, 2021
boulder, co
So, As Per title, Whats the best full 29er out there, Got to be full power, Preferably Bosch..
The best bike out there right now is the orbea wild. They nailed it and the thing rides and climbs incredibly. 12k USD for the best build and you can prob negotiate that down. The other bike I think is worth considering for performance vs value is the Fezzari Timp peak

Onetime

Aug 10, 2022
Cali
Hmmm, Thats food for thought.
I’ll second the Pole. The Voima is by far the best bike I’ve owned or ridden. Climbs like a Billy goat and descends like a like a freight train. Rob Rides liked it so much, he bought one for himself. If you haven’t already, check out his review of it.
IMG_8185.jpeg

Last edited:

Canyon Shawn

Feb 4, 2023
Lake Sherwood, California
So, being from the Me generation, I’m to lazy to actually do any research. I can’t even be bothered to tell you what my Ebike needs are. Just tell me what to buy. And, if it turns out you advised me to buy the wrong Ebike, it’s all your fault. And, by the way, do they give out participation medals here?
I fixed it for you!

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
So, As Per title, Whats the best full 29er out there, Got to be full power, Preferably Bosch..
And you need what, a generic opinion and how would such a generic opinion sway your choice, is it bike before motor or motor defines choice, you've not even been brave enough in your "possible" selection to receive a positive response from the forum.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
The Pole voima and the crestline rs75 met in the final and the crestline won for me, Thet Both had the motor and battery i wanted Both 29/29, Not a lot in the travel so It Went down to looks and i think the crestline wins that department

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
And you need what, a generic opinion and how would such a generic opinion sway your choice, is it bike before motor or motor defines choice, you've not even been brave enough in your "possible" selection to receive a positive response from the forum.
Say Cheese...

2stroked

Dec 15, 2022
Nanaimo
How about Intense, the Alloy MX is under $10,000 Canadian, EP801, 630 battery and Öhlins suspension and got my Carbon MX for $6000 with DVO suspension, I did change the suspension on my Carbon, Zeb and Float X, all of there bikes seem reasonable compared to other brands for what you get. The Alloy is a bit on the heavier side at 58lbs and the Carbon is around 51lbs but only comes with a 504 battery
I get the more range and power in Eco on my Alloy as I do with my Carbon in Trail. We ride with guys on Levo’s and on the climbs we, on full power bikes, leave them in the dust and the heavier bikes feel more planted IMO

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
How about Intense, the Alloy MX is under $10,000 Canadian, EP801, 630 battery and Öhlins suspension and got my Carbon MX for $6000 with DVO suspension, I did change the suspension on my Carbon, Zeb and Float X, all of there bikes seem reasonable compared to other brands for what you get. The Alloy is a bit on the heavier side at 58lbs and the Carbon is around 51lbs but only comes with a 504 battery
I get the more range and power in Eco on my Alloy as I do with my Carbon in Trail. We ride with guys on Levo’s and on the climbs we, on full power bikes, leave them in the dust and the heavier bikes feel more planted IMO
iv never got on with smimano motors, Like the Santa Cruz range but the motors kill it for me

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Would love to try it with the 40's!
My Crestline Coming full rockshox.. i ran a zeb on my rail, initially felt confident in the front end but then harsh. Tried the ERA on a gen 3 levo, Didnt dislike it but never nailed the set up. Since have run 38's and never looked back, The 40's can only be better..Not sure on the weight And turning circle penalty though, And if it was all about the looks...

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
the best bang for the buck bikes right now are the canyon striveON and the vitus e-summet. you get so much bike for the money.

you should probably be cautious about buying a vitus right now before we know 100 percent what's going on with crc/wiggle

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
the best bang for the buck bikes right now are the canyon striveON and the vitus e-summet. you get so much bike for the money.

you should probably be cautious about buying a vitus right now before we know 100 percent what's going on with crc/wiggle
I Bought a strive on, its back in the box & being collected monday.. Best thing id rode down a bike park, jumps etc, But not so good through all my local rough trails, prefer a 29/29. i was willing to sit it out re the failing latch issue but i also had issues with the motor.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
Sounds about right on this forum, I'm on other motorcyle and car forums who are ALWAYS helpful and polite, this one is full of big noting wankers trying to belittle other users and out do each other with their knowledge, it's the same legends every time, youll be doing well to get a straight answer most of the time without sarcasm etc.. It's no wonder regular mtb riders think emtb riders are wankers..I think road bike riders are wankers but am starting to realise emtb riders are wankers too.... Ok.. I'm now waiting for the dim witted replies.
Not all bad mate, Yes you're bang on, a few of the sad life blokes couldent help themselves, Think its clever to point out grammer etc, but they easily ignored.. There's just as many helpful on hear too

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Sounds about right on this forum, I'm on other motorcyle and car forums who are ALWAYS helpful and polite, this one is full of big noting wankers trying to belittle other users and out do each other with their knowledge, it's the same legends every time, youll be doing well to get a straight answer most of the time without sarcasm etc.. It's no wonder regular mtb riders think emtb riders are wankers..I think road bike riders are wankers but am starting to realise emtb riders are wankers too.... Ok.. I'm now waiting for the dim witted replies.
Your post has surprised me, a lot. There was one guy last year that seemed to live for confrontation but he's gone now, got bored, I guess. I have found the Forum to be friendly and helpful right from the start (Nov'2018, before I even had taken delivery of my first emtb). I feel that I can post freely what I think and believe. OK, occasionally I upset someone who misinterpreted what I thought I had made clear, or I misinterpreted what he thought he had made clear, or we were just at cross purposes. But these things are usually easily resolved.

"this one is full of big noting wankers trying to belittle other users and out do each other with their knowledge,"​

I just don't see it. Sorry. :unsure:
If someone disagrees with what I say, then it's a learning opportunity, not all out war! o_O

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
So you quote me to big note and try to show the forum youve got me !! Classic, you Just proved me right.
I genuinely don't understand the phrase "you quote me to big note". Help me to understand please, I'm an old git and not up to date with some of the more recent phrases. I am not having a pop at you; I just don't know what it means.

I wasn't trying to get you! I was merely disagreeing with your point of view; surely that is allowed on a discussion forum?
Your "proved me right" statement implies to me that any response to you, other than agreement with you, would be proving you right.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I Bought a strive on, its back in the box & being collected monday.. Best thing id rode down a bike park, jumps etc, But not so good through all my local rough trails, prefer a 29/29. i was willing to sit it out re the failing latch issue but i also had issues with the motor.
What made the Strive not so good on your local rough trails fella? I’m still thinking of getting one if they fix the issues.

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
I genuinely don't understand the phrase "you quote me to big note". Help me to understand please, I'm an old git and not up to date with some of the more recent phrases. I am not having a pop at you; I just don't know what it means.

I wasn't trying to get you! I was merely disagreeing with your point of view; surely that is allowed on a discussion forum?
Your "proved me right" statement implies to me that any response to you, other than agreement with you, would be proving you right.
Common now gents, weel have no more of that... Steve, levo 19 has just reacted to me receiving negative bull.. No need to carry on the trend, Were bigger that that :ROFLMAO:

E Bob

Feb 15, 2021
torfaen
What made the Strive not so good on your local rough trails fella? I’m still thinking of getting one if they fix the issues.
i had problems with my strive, But issues aside.. i prefer a 29/29, i had troubles changing from my gen 2 to gen 3 levo, kept losing back end, think i prefer to have to pull a bike over, round, Stupid as it may sound, the mullets steer to quick for my liking

2stroked

Dec 15, 2022
Nanaimo
iv never got on with smimano motors, Like the Santa Cruz range but the motors kill it for me
The EP801 is pretty good, I was amazed at the power, always in Eco now, adjustments are pretty good as well to tune it how you like it.
Could use a bigger battery but not an option with Shimano batteries unfortunately

Singletrackmind

Sep 17, 2020
San Diego, CA
The best bike out there right now is the orbea wild. They nailed it and the thing rides and climbs incredibly. 12k USD for the best build and you can prob negotiate that down. The other bike I think is worth considering for performance vs value is the Fezzari Timp peak
Been riding my custom Wild (Sram Transmission Drivetrain, Industry Nine Hydra 305 Wheelset, MRP Hazard Coil Shock, Shirgura Brakeset & Rockshox AXS Dropper) and could not be happier. Orbea knocked it out of the park on this one!

jackamo

Subscriber
May 25, 2023
UK
Doesn't matter what bike you get and how much money you have spent on it , it'll still only do 15.5 or 20 mph assisted 😏
All mine have been better when introduced to a volspeed.
But I will say, I'll take a yamaha motor over a bosch 👌

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
Sounds about right on this forum,although I have seen and received very very helpful advice I am also on other motorcyle and car forums who are ALWAYS helpful and polite, this one is full of big noting wankers trying to belittle other users and out do each other with their knowledge, it's the same legends every time, youll be doing well to get a straight answer most of the time without sarcasm etc.. It's no wonder regular mtb riders think emtb riders are wankers..I think road bike riders are wankers but am starting to realise emtb riders are wankers too.... Ok.. I'm now waiting for the dim witted replies.
Sheila can’t handle her xxxx

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Wrong question.
Should have asked who is the biggest wanker in this forum right now, this would get an easy answer.

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden

yes, you either love the mullet or you hate it. if you don't ride so much enduro/downhill but more trail cycling, I understand that you might feel that it is too much bike for what you are riding

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles