What travel forks on your Levo?

What travel forks do you have on your Levo?

• 150mm

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • 160mm

Votes: 53 50.5%
  • 170mm

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • 180mm

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t own a Levo

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters

Mike E

Dec 3, 2019
Bournemouth
150mm revelations , wish they were lyriks like on the new levo comp. Been looking at possible damper upgrades but have yet to find out if i can fit the charger 2.1 damper, any input on this would be welcome.
Also if i were to upgrade the brakes from the sram guide REs what would you good folks recommend???

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
150mm revelations , wish they were lyriks like on the new levo comp. Been looking at possible damper upgrades but have yet to find out if i can fit the charger 2.1 damper, any input on this would be welcome.
Also if i were to upgrade the brakes from the sram guide REs what would you good folks recommend???
My original post on upgrading the Revelation damper to Charger 2.1 RC2
I'm also considering increasing the travel to 160 with a new air spring as others have done.

NathanNZ

Aug 26, 2019
New Zealand
I had the shop upgrade my Lyrics to 170mm. I was going for 160, but the air shafts were on backorder so went for 170. A massive improve to the rock munching abilities and stability of the bike.

NGreen

Mar 15, 2019
Orange County, California

I went with the Magura MT7s With 203mm rotors on my 19 levo. really like the 1 finger levers and the calipers look cool to top it off.

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
Hmm I have 150mm but have a 160 shaft to fit.. Though I can't help but keep looking for a Yari bargain to upgrade to a Lyrik, even though my Rev's have been faultless

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
Why would you have a fork that is shorter than the 150mm rear travel?

If i would have 150mm in the rear, this would make sense. But i hav'nt.
Some of the older guys will maybe still know the first Levo's. With 135mm travel on the rear, it is nearly a Hardtail and not really rideable. :LOL:
The original Fork (Yari) has 140mm travel.

So i would like to have a vote for 140mm. ;)

Last edited:

neils

Aug 28, 2018
Wokingham UK
Fox factory 36 170mm GRIP2.

On the rear I already had a spare Cane Creek DB CS from and an Enduro carbon Expert(2015) at home which I then sent to TF Tuned for a complete rebuild... they changed pretty much everything and it now fits my 2019 Levo Expert and also has a 57mm stroke giving me around 163mm rear travel. Spent some proper time on the setup and researching suspension setups, worth doing if you’re buying into forks/shocks with 4 way damper control. Bike rides beautifully and is super plush. I can dial in changes for different ride types and it can handle the bigger downhills really well now. Personally for me it’s a much improved Levo and I love it! ?

Scoter

May 10, 2020
Australia
180mm!!? Who and why!?
Hell yes I did! And why not, up hill is not a problem as your motor can take up the strain. And I presume if you went up the hill your excited to smash it down. And what better tool to use than a 180mm flex at the front end. Comfort at its best.!

• Agree
Reactions: CjP

ReinerSt0ff77

Jan 15, 2020
weedfield
180mm front and back with Coil.
1949.jpg

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
160mm airshaft on the 2020 Fox Performance, bike feels more stable downhill, haven't noticed any changes under climbing. Maybe a placebo but hey ho.

RCDallas

May 28, 2019
Italy
You can fit the Charger 2.1 to the Revelation. I haven't done it yet... waiting for a discount but I have fit a 160 mm DebonAir 2021 and changed to Maxima Plush 3wt oil in my Revelation Charger RC. Definitely an improvement over stock! Will change to SKF wiper seals once I get the 2.1 and will pretty much have a 160 Pike Ultimate when finished.

Gyro

Jan 5, 2019
Auckland NZ
Fox factory 36 170mm GRIP2.

On the rear I already had a spare Cane Creek DB CS from and an Enduro carbon Expert(2015) at home which I then sent to TF Tuned for a complete rebuild... they changed pretty much everything and it now fits my 2019 Levo Expert and also has a 57mm stroke giving me around 163mm rear travel. Spent some proper time on the setup and researching suspension setups, worth doing if you’re buying into forks/shocks with 4 way damper control. Bike rides beautifully and is super plush. I can dial in changes for different ride types and it can handle the bigger downhills really well now. Personally for me it’s a much improved Levo and I love it! ?
I'm running the same Cane Creek and 180mm Lyriks, the bike climbs way better as they absorb everything rather than deflecting.

Levo Shock.jpg

motoadve

Jun 15, 2019
Washington
150 mm Pike with Push ACS coil conversion and HC97 damper, best for ever!
Only reason I wont go to a larger fork is I want the angle for technical steep climbs, which to me are a lot of fun to do.

kawamaha

Apr 1, 2020
Monaco
2018 levo:
170mm Yari, which I liked in stock trim. After I added a shim- based HScompression it's even better. To match the fork I first milled new links to raise the rear and have more travel (150mm).
Not happy with the OEM shock I now run a longer Piggyback shock with a bikeyoke and went back to OEM link.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles