• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

What safe firmware edition i must choose for my deristricted Volspeed v3 Bosch Cx gen 4 motor ?

Flo

Sep 16, 2020
Romania
In the near future i must go to a Bosch ebike dealer to instal a front light on my ebike and to update my motor firmware because i have 1.0.2.0 from the factory and is a very old firmware.'Till now i had 2 or 3 times 510 error after the deristriction of my ebike with Volspeed v3. The speed limit is at 43km, i ride only in Tour mode, very rare in Emtb mode and then just for a minute.
I want that the new update to give me the 85Nm, to be safe with the instalation of the tuning cip Volspeed v3, i don't realy want the Tour + mode if he is weird as i herd (i'm just fine with just 4 asisting modes) and, most important, i need an update who will solve the 510 error in the future because i know that Bosch provide an update who solve this issue but i don't know how exactly which update edition is. I need an update who can't be to sensitive with my tuning cip. I realy don't need 504 error, 510 error experience is enough for me. I'm looking an advice here because the Bosch dealer don't want to discuss about tuning things and i understand this.
Please recommend what is the best firmware update for my needs, if you realy know what i'm talking about.
Also i have till now 7000km with my ebike. Should i demand an internal inspection of my Bosch motor ? What do you think ? My bike was not washed with high pressure machine and was very well maintained. I don't know after how many km the maintainance of the motor must be done.
Thank you very much in advance for your help !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles