What is your most used mode?

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Looks like emtb is my most used mode followed by auto mode.

Screenshot_20230804-140308_Flow.jpg

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Well now that all depends on the type of ride ..25-30 mile social all dayers with 3000ft + of climbing mainly Tour..with occaisional EMTB...for bastard big hills then eco on the last few miles when I realise I've mis-judged things ...
Fun evening rides.. 15 milers with less than 2000ft climbing EMTB all the way ..( Bosch )

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Probably 50-50 trail and boost. Very rarely in eco, only if I'm with people on analogue bikes.

I've paid for an Emtb, I'm going to damn well use it!

Sparkomatic

Dec 22, 2021
Lincolnshire
Eco usually only when riding with friends on analogue bikes.

Mostly use tour upping to turbo for a bit when when I need a 'break'.

Have been trying to get used to emtb mode recently but I struggle with the unpredictability of it. Maybe I'll get used to it one day!

Colin1517

Mar 14, 2023
Lancashire
Nothing registered for turbo, as when I used it I didn’t like it. Way too much assistance and too full on, I like the variable assistance from eMTB when things get too tough. 😁

IMG_8454.jpeg

Stoffel

Jun 16, 2021
Cotswolds UK
I’d guess 80-90% in EMTB mode and the rest in Turbo for the really steep but not loose stuff.
I don’t get any pleasure out of tour or eco modes. I’ve only ever used them on the flat if I thought I was pushing it on range.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Almost exclusively EMTB ( turned up to 3 in the Flow App). Very rarely use/need turbo even on the steepest climbs. Some Tour+ but only on tarmac and I avoid that like the plague!!
I have the 750w/h battery and before I turned up EMTB I reckoned a reliable range using a mix of EMTB and Turbo (albeit never put to the final test) was a bout 45 miles. Just using EMTB turned up to 3 I guess the range is now about 35miles. The longest rides I do on a regular basis are c 25miles but in the forest c 15 miles is more usual so battery range is more than enough...............I only charge to 100% occasionally..........mostly I charge to 85% before a ride.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Since tour + and emtb mode became customisable , I tend to use tour+ a lot more than I used to.
Screenshot_20230805-083612-629.png

RipGroove

Jun 3, 2022
Glos/UK
Not done many miles on my current bike yet but I'm off to a good start. ECO tuned to +5 has kept me out of Tour mode but it's not been on any big steep rides yet so that will definitely change soon 🤣

Screenshot_20230805_050820_Flow.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
…and then I start off my ride and forget to turn on the power, turn back to the garage, figure out the problem, notice I left my water bottle sitting on the bench, start my ride again in eMTB mode.

It’s happened a few times …ok, more than a few times.

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
And...you have an emtb why???
Why not? I still use the motor for almost 40% of the time.

But more seriously: On a trail half of the distance I go downhill without any need for support. If it’s more than a couple of meters I normally switch to Off when going downhill. That makes for the first 40% to 50% in Off.

Then I mostly ride together with my wife, who until recently had an analog bike and that adds the missing percentage in Off. I don’t need support to keep up with her while riding on flat terrain. She has now bought a minimal assist emtb (Scott Lumen eRide) with the new TQ 50 motor and this might change my mode usage over time.

Finally it is the challenge of using one’s own power as long as possible.

The original reason to buy an emtb instead of an analog bike was recovery after severe illness. There was a time I couldn’t keep up with my wife on her analog enduro.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
never understood why folk switch off going downhill..........if you are not pedalling you are using no juice, and if a downhill has some uphill sections leaving the motor on means its ready to assist as required. Offroad I am in EMTB and rarely touch the mode control all ride, leaving me to just concentrate on the trail instead of playing with buttons:LOL:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles