What if i get a flat with tubeless tyre?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Having stuck to DH casing tyres on my EMTB's I haven't had a single puncture in 18months on either of my EMTB's

Probably get one next time out now!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thats pretty awful. I must admit never had anything like that happen. I have always used Maxxis tyres for tubeless with little if no problems other than they wear fairly quick and are not cheap. As you say looks like a bad production batch and I certainly wouldn't ever buy from them again. Hope you have more luck with tubeless in the future.
Thanks for the good wishes, but those are the only problems I've had with tubeless tyres in ten years. I bought yet another Continental Trail King (with BCC) from a different country and I had no problems with it, like I didn't before the two bad ones.

Windsurfy

Aug 26, 2019
Netherlands
Hi,

Had a flat today with tubeless rear.
First flat in 750km.
Puncture was to big for the sealant, as you can see on the images.

94299547-EB5C-429C-89E7-004D2EE1D39B.jpeg

1066CD16-5C1E-4684-AD16-662202D62225.jpeg

Luckly i always carry a innertube.

Lyonsphotos

Mar 6, 2019
Dorset
Went local last night and took the small camelbak (without the spare inner tube in it) - ripped the sidewall on the first trail! :( No amount of stans, gas or plugs was fixing that! Long walk back and lesson learned, always take a spare tube!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Went local last night and took the small camelbak (without the spare inner tube in it) - ripped the sidewall on the first trail! :( No amount of stans, gas or plugs was fixing that! Long walk back and lesson learned, always take a spare tube!

Get a bad rip in the tyre and no amount of spare inner tubes will work! Take a tyre wall patch, or scout around for an abandoned gel pack to use instead (a poor substitute but better than nothing).

Lyonsphotos

Mar 6, 2019
Dorset
Get a bad rip in the tyre and no amount of spare inner tubes will work! Take a tyre wall patch, or scout around for an abandoned gel pack to use instead (a poor substitute but better than nothing).
Thanks, good call. Added to the basket for the next shopping trip with Wiggle!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles