What do all you e-bikers do in winter???

Hitby

Jun 22, 2019
North Yorkshire
Try and make the most of it. This is my old Marin - pre emtb days. Much easier now, I can’t wait for the snow!
IMG_0131.JPG

StevenM

Sep 22, 2018
Ipswich Qld Australia
Here in the Southern Hemisphere we ride all day in winter, where as in summer you ride super early like 4.30 am or at night when it’s cool.
We are about to have our second 40 c day here today in a row. Spring has more than sprung.

ryturn

Sep 12, 2019
Australia
Winter is when I ride the most, it's much better than the constant 44º every day in summer in what seems like death valley.
winter in Australia , 24 degrees we got lost out on Hell line and Roadtrain .24 but the sun still cooked us .Mighty fine trails out there though.

John208

Oct 1, 2019
Hampshire
Get cold,wet and muddy and carry on riding going by the weather here in the UK this autumn .Hope to see a bit of snow this winter to have some fun.This will be my first winter with an E-bike

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Hope to continue riding and avoid getting plugged by deer hunters over the next 3 months. I ride on my own property, but it backs into some of Henry County Kentucky's great hunting areas. Trying to decide if I should post "No hunting - Hiking and Biking trails in use" signs.

Kentucky has mild weather most of the winter, but it will be chilly and muddy.

Master_G

Oct 13, 2019
Gloucester
Ride and clean my bike more! Anyone any tips for weather-proofing the Specialized Keveno motor?
I would also like to know more about this. I've only had mine 2 weeks and I've had to hose it down after every ride it's that muddy. Can't be good for all the electronics!

iainc

Jul 21, 2019
Glasgow
Just got my first ebike and will admit that i am a bit worried about water ingress with riding and cleaning in west of Scotland muddy conditions. I ride a couple of times a week and regular MTB normally gets a rinse with a hose on sprinkle, muc off, soft brush, hose again on sprinkle, dried off and then stored in dry integral garage. Am hoping I can do same with Orbea Wild FS without getting moisture into battery areas and charge ports...

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Enjoy the quiet trails/winter woodland. Fall off more, trail maintenance. Oh and buy kit while it's cheaper.
Reinstate the bigger lines that jerks/council/whoever fell trees across every summer.
I would say that in this area the trails improve. Rains way less than spring and autumn, and the ground goes harder with the cold(not always good).
Also, night riding in the woods is just amazing. Trails seem tame next to the spooky dark wood and its shadows and noises. You may find out that adrenaline can spike way harder than you thought! And that it is brown in colour.
Some of these activities I am no longer able to do myself but they came to mind.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Thanks, The skis are all my work, the snowboards I built together with my sons, they were responsible for how they look. One took to his board with the airbrush, the other did the cutout. Was a fun project.
Strong work. I like the way they ski compared to nylon topsheets. More damp and in some cases lighter. I buy praxis skis and his customs with veneer topsheets have been $. Look amazing too. One of my last pairs

FB_IMG_1571234500844.jpg

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Enjoy the quiet trails/winter woodland. Fall off more, trail maintenance. Oh and buy kit while it's cheaper.
Reinstate the bigger lines that jerks/council/whoever fell trees across every summer.
I would say that in this area the trails improve. Rains way less than spring and autumn, and the ground goes harder with the cold(not always good).
Also, night riding in the woods is just amazing. Trails seem tame next to the spooky dark wood and its shadows and noises. You may find out that adrenaline can spike way harder than you thought! And that it is brown in colour.
Some of these activities I am no longer able to do myself but they came to mind.
I also find riding at night in the woods to be a hoot. It's a completely new experience each time and always leaves me in awe and often very much so spooked.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I also find riding at night in the woods to be a hoot. It's a completely new experience each time and always leaves me in awe and often very much so spooked.
Me too. And fascinating that deer just stand there and stare at you untill you get really close.
It is unnerving when you are biking along in the dark woods (alone) and you see these eyes looking back at you reflected in your lights.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles