What do all you e-bikers do in winter???

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
I can't ski or board due to low altitude and no snow so I ride instead, apart from a week in March spent in Les Arcs each year.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I think winter here happened on a Tuesday, not too sure but I think it was a brisk 21deg C day.
From memory, I went for a ride and felt a little glum because it was a bit cloudy.
I had a choice of 3 places to ride all within pedaling distance of home but chose my favourite, close to the beach so I could go for an after ride swim.

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Here in Southern California winter is a great time to hit the desert

EA59E95C-490E-466A-8FD9-2FC070D53A13.jpeg

or the beach

F8054E6A-9F8E-492C-A8BC-B8905EF80DB5.jpeg

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I ski, can't ride as everything is under several meters of snow!
Buy a Fat Bike. Know several that ride them in the snow.

Down here I ride - not as much as in the summer but I try to get out at least once a week. Freaking hate wet rides and will find something else to do, but if it starts raining while I am out then I just carry on like a wayward son.

Jeff McD

Aug 5, 2018
Kona, Hawaii
Sorry, another spoiler that I know you didn't want to read, but here in Hawaii we ride 365. With nightly island showers it's always a bit slippery and rarely dry but our trails hold up well in the wet with a lava base and just have to deal with the rather exciting off camber roots/greasy rocks, which you get used to and learn to handle pretty well with the right tires, maxxis minion DHF WT 2.5/DHR WT 2.6, low pressure and just learn to deal with tire squirm ( I don't do jumps anymore so tire squirm is manageable).
I could never live where it is cold with snow for a good part of the year so I sympathize with you. I personally live to ride my bike and if I couldn't do it I would have to move somewhere else haha. Yes sir got my priorities straight.
Of course there is a downside to our conditions. My favorite mechanic at the LBS just blew up his collarbone into multiple little fragments and needed surgical repair from a bad fall in slippery conditions. I used to ride as fast as he does downhill but not anymore after I ripped off all the rotator cuff tendons in my right shoulder. That much speed just ain't worth it anymore.

Last edited:

Sean Potts

Sep 8, 2019
Chamonix Mt Blanc , France

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles