What did you do to your EBike this week?

Koban

Oct 15, 2023
Germany
Exchanged the Rockshox Reverb AXS 170mm for an KS LEV Circuit 200mm dropper.
Uatt9m1FVewZzpXQLVOou2dl.jpg

SZLeAZVrxwkAmJsaa8Q7LgaU.jpg

AJVPCGslACbvFzZ6YKHNUztW.jpg

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Just washed, degresed and lube the drive train after a weekend of off pisteing in the Dyfi area

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Finally sorted my cracked motor cover. On my second one of these and Specialized decided to up the price to £40 (despite them being $26 in the US) which seemed crazy for a part that really doesn't last long.

So took my old one and drilled a bunch of holes in it and sanded to get a key:-
Wrapped Motor Guard 1.3pre.jpg

Then wrapped in carbon kevlar cloth and epoxy:-

Wrapped Motor Guard 1.2.jpg

Opened up the vent holes and mounting holes and fitted. Pretty happy with how it came out:-

Wrapped Motor Guard 1.1.jpg

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Exchanged the Rockshox Reverb AXS 170mm for an KS LEV Circuit 200mm dropper.
Your seat seems higher than your bars, Glad I'm not the only one :ROFLMAO:
I was actually a bit paranoid about it when I set my bike up. (mines +2inches higher)

I googled since almost everyone else seems to limit the max seat height to level with the bars or lower.
Then I found this pick and decided it must just be a tall people thing.
Untitled.jpg

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
Been musing about de-mulleting my bike since I got it, I just never gelled with what felt like a bloody huge wheel way out in front of me and I found it particularly irritating in slow twisty techy stuff. Finally (over 2 years later lol) picked up a used 27.5" wheel in excellent condition and got a new DHF. I never thought it would make a huge difference but it's really noticeable and I love it. Running 180's instead of the stock 160's keeps geo similar too. Maybe I just spent too many years on 26ers or I'm simply a heathen and don't get on with this new fangled 29" malarky :)

27.5 resized.jpg

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
cut my bars down to 800. The new bars I got came stock at 820, I tried them out like that for the last 6 months. I noticed I kept running with my hands inward on the bars a bit which is around 800. Plus the bars are a bit too sketch in tighter trees. I used to run 780s but 800 seems like a good spot.

G-Sport

Oct 7, 2022
Yorkshire
Been musing about de-mulleting my bike since I got it, I just never gelled with what felt like a bloody huge wheel way out in front of me and I found it particularly irritating in slow twisty techy stuff. Finally (over 2 years later lol) picked up a used 27.5" wheel in excellent condition and got a new DHF. I never thought it would make a huge difference but it's really noticeable and I love it. Running 180's instead of the stock 160's keeps geo similar too. Maybe I just spent too many years on 26ers or I'm simply a heathen and don't get on with this new fangled 29" malarky :)

View attachment 139849
Nice. I've been mulling doing this but didn't have a suitable fork to keep the geometry reasonable.
Be very interested to hear how it rides. Be curious if the extra travel is actually more beneficial than the bigger wheel.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
Nice. I've been mulling doing this but didn't have a suitable fork to keep the geometry reasonable.
Be very interested to hear how it rides. Be curious if the extra travel is actually more beneficial than the bigger wheel.
I only went for 180 Domains cos my general MTB ineptitude was smashing through the 160 Lyrics in Morzine. But of course the 180/29" setup only made the whole front end feel even bigger. It's also not helped by the frame being an XL which is right on the cusp of being too big for my height. So the whole bike in general just felt 'big' but especially out front. The 27.5 has really tamed down the size, I was sceptical don't get me wrong, it's only 1.5" and is why it took me so long to get round to doing it but it's deffo easier to manage especially on tight stuff and I can't see me ever changing back. Horses for courses though, if my bike was on the cusp of being too small and/or I only wanted 160's then I prob wouldn't have done it.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Fitted new crank boots and added air to my forks and shock

Gave my wifes bike a full service as she hasn't riden it since January and we are ging to Gisburn Foest tomorrow

Both now on charge, ready for tomorrow

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
Took the chain off lightly brushed the cassette and boom clean as whistle. Threw another chain on. Wiped the other chain off and put in the crock to cook.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles