What did you buy your ebike this week?

thewrx

Sep 4, 2019
US
New push shock for my levo, on sale too woot woot!

camphoto_33463914.jpeg IMG_8855.jpeg

OldnSlow

Dec 31, 2021
New Zealand
And what does Manly scent mean ?

It smells of some bloke who's not washed his crotch for a month ?

Or it smells of two stoke oil ?

Or it smells of Flowers, because you're so manly you're in touch with your feminine side and want to smell like your testicles have just been dragged naked through a field of poppy's whilst being chased by a dozen Nun's who've suddenly changed their minds.
Ah yes, nuns. Who doesn't have fond memories of catechism and firmly struck knuckles with the edge of a wooden ruler by Sister Mary Euthanasia and Sister Veronica Eugenica :)

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Some new rubber. I asked my LBS to order me a couple of Specialized Cannibal's since I have a gift voucher, and everyone is saying how good they are in wet gloopy conditions. I didn't hear from them for a few days... and then Tweeks sent me an email with 40% off Michelin tyres. I've had Enduro Wilds for my last few tyres, but thought I'd try the Racing Line Enduro Wild this time as it's apparently a bit softer / grippier.

The next day, my LBS confirmed my Cannibal's are ordered. Looks like I'm going to end up with 4 tyres!! I might just put the Wild's away until Spring!

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
The rest of some Fox 38's to go with this honorary leaning tower of pisa cut part of my steerer ...

Screenshot 2023-10-06 15.59.34.png

I was in a hurry ... wanted to ride ... the bearing/bushing on the blade for the pipe cutter I started with had obviously collapsed - so I continued in a surgical manner with an angle grinder .. there's a lot to be said for using the proper tools :)

Don't worry ... inserting the star nut with a rubber hammer and a chainsaw screwdriver was no less pretty ...

For the weight weenies .. that cut saved 25g .. so the 170mm 29er 38's with axle weighed in at 2287g. Maybe 26g if I'd cut straight ...

Arminius

Subscriber
Jul 26, 2022
Rhein-Ruhr Delta, Germany
New tire for rear, MaxxTerra instead of MaxxGrip.

IMG_2939.jpeg

Does Maxxis have quality issues or am I to sensitive? First tire received showed lack of rubber and partly eroded blocks. Overall surface did not look like used from other tires before. Replaced version was better but is tough to get on rim:

IMG_2938.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
My DMR Vaults were getting a bit clattery, so I bought some bushes and bearings from Rulla Bearings:
Pedal Bearing Kits Archives • Rulla Bike Bearings

But I got this minimalist kit from them via eBay for £8.50 delivered.:

They fit V11 and Vaults

DMR Bearings.jpg

Later addition: I already have the fitting tool which is simple and very good, but you only really need a bolt with the correct screw thread size and you can remove the bush by hand with it. The thread bites into the soft bush and gives enough purchase for you to pull out the bush. The bush has a chamfer at one end, make sure that the chamfer goes into the pedal. If you get it square, you can push it in by hand.

Last edited:

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Just bought ...

2 x Schwalbe Magic Mary Super Gravity Ultra Soft TL Black / 29" / 2.4" / Folding

... for £87 (43.50 each) from Merlin Cycles.

Normally £59 each but special offer is buy 2 for £87.

Needed tyres for both wife and my bikes, so result!

Last edited:

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Ordered these thinking they were the brisker version 🤨 I was wrong just the waterproof gloves but I’ll give them a go now I have them, super tight hopefully better when broken in, anyone else tried them ?

IMG_3526.jpeg

TankCommander

Sep 17, 2021
Australia
Couple of weeks ago, riding my Levo Hardtail, I smashed my derailleur, bent it 180 degrees, caught in the back wheel breaking six spokes, twisted the chain and did some damage to the cassette. My local bike shop suggested I consider the Shimano Cues system as a replacement which also gave me the opportunity to change from 9 to 11 gears. Couldn't be happier, those couple of extra gears have made a big difference, notably, there is one track that even on turbo I had never been able to get up, I managed to do yesterday. Expensive? yep, Happy, you bet - feels like a new bike, and way cheaper!

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Ordered these thinking they were the brisker version 🤨 I was wrong just the waterproof gloves but I’ll give them a go now I have them, super tight hopefully better when broken in, anyone else tried them ?

View attachment 126804

Update .. rode with them today thought they were awful ! No dexterity in the glove and the insert seem to have sharp parts digging into my fingers… not impressed at all

Amber Valley Guy

Oct 15, 2023
Alfreton
Fox 36 just installed. The bike came with a Rockshox 35 tk,(horrible fork but I knew this before I bought the bike). I ended up finding the 36 at a great price and pulled the trigger. I’m really pleased with performance of the 36.

View attachment 126231
Just ordered a RS Yari RC to replace my 35 silver TK, my thoughts being I can easily upgrade the Yari if I need more.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles