What did you buy your ebike this week?

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
I apologize. I've already been kicked out of analog forums, now I'm going to fly from e-mtb too. I thought there would be more togetherness :D :D after yesterday's trip and swollen knee, the electric mondraker will still be the number 1 bike :)

Rubinstein - YT capra core 3 29" axs
:)

1684144408163.png

RiderOnTheStorm

Was time to replace my 220mm front rotor. I went for the same magura MDP-R 220mm floating rotor which was originaly fitted on my Moterra ebike combined with MT5 calipers. Rotor thickness is 2mm. Braking power has been excellent (y)

Also I didn't experience the "loose" floating rotor issue that some people reported. Maybe magura solved the problem.

rotor.jpg

Last edited:

target2804

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
I was using zip bags before but I think this is a good investment :)

CBE33385-CD9E-4C1D-902B-2F797D2F939A.jpeg

Btw: next thing to change is pedals. I really like the nukeproof oil colored ones. I’ve seen them in this thread an I have to have them

Last edited:

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
I also use safety covers for discs from mucoff, when transporting them on a carrier. A temporary thing, especially if I have already managed to contaminate the discs with oil from the road. I recommend Nukeproof pedals to all ten, after 2 years of really hard treatment they are like new, once every half a season I grease them and move on. survived impacts to roots, stones, washing with pressurized water and still go,also a good price in chain reaction.
If i can't get the popping out of the brand new crankbrothers i will buy nukeproof again

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I apologize. I've already been kicked out of analog forums, now I'm going to fly from e-mtb too. I thought there would be more togetherness :D :D after yesterday's trip and swollen knee, the electric mondraker will still be the number 1 bike :)

Rubinstein - YT capra core 3 29" axs
:)

View attachment 114637
Ok then we’ll let you off, just this time though, seeing as you’ve redeemed yourself with your allegiance to keep your Emtb 😂

Last edited:

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I was using zip bags before but I think this is a good investment :)

View attachment 114655

Btw: next thing to change is pedals. I really like the nukeproof oil colored ones. I’ve seen them in this thread an I have to have them
Can they withstand high speed on a bike carrier on the motorway without flying off, I thought about these too but I wondered how robust they are though

target2804

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
I also use safety covers for discs from mucoff, when transporting them on a carrier. A temporary thing, especially if I have already managed to contaminate the discs with oil from the road. I recommend Nukeproof pedals to all ten, after 2 years of really hard treatment they are like new, once every half a season I grease them and move on. survived impacts to roots, stones, washing with pressurized water and still go,also a good price in chain reaction.
If i can't get the popping out of the brand new crankbrothers i will buy nukeproof again
Do you use the normal Bike Grease or the Anti Seize for the pedals?

I´ll buy the Nukeproof then. Even though they are a bit pricy.

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
I use klasic shimano grease, i had also with teflon, but is not the greasily like shimano grease.
Nukeproof horizont flat pedals is one of the best pedal on market. price/ value of money.
CNC milled pedals with anodised surface for 60 € ?

is one of the cheapest pedals from top5 on market

today I had to disassemble and lubricate the overpriced Crankbrothers stamp 7 large after only 5 km. if it happens again, they go straight to the bazaar and buy another verified nukeproof, or hope

target2804

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
I use klasic shimano grease, i had also with teflon, but is not the greasily like shimano grease.
Nukeproof horizont flat pedals is one of the best pedal on market. price/ value of money.
CNC milled pedals with anodised surface for 60 € ?

is one of the cheapest pedals from top5 on market

today I had to disassemble and lubricate the overpriced Crankbrothers stamp 7 large after only 5 km. if it happens again, they go straight to the bazaar and buy another verified nukeproof, or hope
I only want the Nukeproof SAM HILL ENDURO RACE (Oil Slick) because of the coloring. They cost 120€. Is Chainreactioncycles trustworthy? I never heared about that website before but they sell the pedals for less than other shops here in germany.

Okay: copper version looks nice too. But which ones to choose? Nukeproof Horizon Enduro (96€) or the downhill version? I most likely ride with my GF, 50% dirt road, sometimes paved, 25% off road and the remaining 25% I ride trails in the forest with a friend.

Last edited:

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
CRC were bought out by Wiggle & are massive, plus Hotlines in U.K. distributors for Nukeproof, WTB etc, CRC have race team & Ex DH now Enduro rider Sam Hill rides for them

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
i think they´re the same pedals, just some desing differences. I have still cheaper version, but is solid, masive and grat stamina. Loks some reviews of nukeproof flat pedals. They are legendary

target2804

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
So getting the pedals from wiggle for 60 would be ok and its not a scam i guess :D
1684247081707.png

I will buy those. I think they will fit nicely to my bike. Or what do you think?

284F7EB7-56BE-42C3-942F-01BD8E932C4D.jpg

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
no I had the same before 1 month abbout 45€ ( chain had the clearance extra code )

Edit- in my opinion buy Black,more collours is not the good way

20230322_120914.jpg

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
I only want the Nukeproof SAM HILL ENDURO RACE (Oil Slick) because of the coloring. They cost 120€. Is Chainreactioncycles trustworthy? I never heared about that website before but they sell the pedals for less than other shops here in germany.

Okay: copper version looks nice too. But which ones to choose? Nukeproof Horizon Enduro (96€) or the downhill version? I most likely ride with my GF, 50% dirt road, sometimes paved, 25% off road and the remaining 25% I ride trails in the forest with a friend.
Chainreaction is trustworthy. Met the crew in California last year, have been ordering from them for a while. They gave me a great recommendation for a seafood restaurant in Northern Ireland... If that doesn't build trust, I don't know what does!

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Just bought 3 x Maxxis Assegai 29x2.5" WT/TR DD Maxxgrip from Germany, £166 inc delivered. UK prices are ridiculous.

Edit 16 May: got hammered on import duty, no cheaper than buying in the UK. :(
For anything over £135 you're charged the VAT

target2804

Apr 26, 2023
Germany
As James said, be careful because UK is not in the EU anymore :D
Sometimes you can get lucky and your order doesn´t get stuck at the customs. But its a gamble basically. Make sure you dont exeed the 135 pound price tag to be safe...

2WHLFUN

Apr 27, 2022
Trinidad, CO
I made the mistake of riding my buddies Santa Cruz Heckler emtb which is a mullet wheel set up. I got three downhill kom’s and now I have to order a 27.5 rear wheel, cushcore and shorter cranks. My bike is designed as 29er only so I hope I can make it work well.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
'....................s Chainreactioncycles trustworthy? I never heared about that website before but they sell the pedals for less than other shops here in germany.
Yes, you can trust CRC. They are based in Northern Ireland (part of the UK) and have an automated warehouse there. A few years ago, they were bought by Wiggle, another on-line bike and bike components company. They still sell under their own names, although I expect they only have one buying team now.
I have bought from both companies for years and years without any problem. Any problems with warranty claims, late or missing deliveries have all been dealt with efficiently and as I would have liked. Sometimes they have exceeded my expectations.

The only problem I have ever had with CRC was once they started to use a delivery company called Evri. But that's in the UK. I have no idea who they use to deliver outside the UK.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
As James said, be careful because UK is not in the EU anymore :D
Sometimes you can get lucky and your order doesn´t get stuck at the customs. But its a gamble basically. Make sure you dont exeed the 135 pound price tag to be safe...
Got lucky several times before, sometimes you lose. Will be more careful in future.

valecek

Apr 20, 2023
Slovakia
you should have no worries when ordering from CRC to the EU. duty and VAT should be paid by the seller. at least it was like that until now

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles