What did you buy your ebike this week?

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
a good phone mount is the one from MOUS. They are a company in the UK. I ordered this bundle here:

it is really great and Berm Peak also did a review on youtube to that.
Don't think they support my model phone, looked a while back and couldn't find it so dismissed that one unfortunately. Definitely a good option if you have a supported phone model.

Tombie

Mar 11, 2023
Whyalla
a good phone mount is the one from MOUS. They are a company in the UK. I ordered this bundle here:

it is really great and Berm Peak also did a review on youtube to that.

Quad lock is another great unit, I find it superior to Mous.

Berm Peak tested an older case version and said it was bulky, the current cases are flush and fit perfectly.

I use them on MTB, Litre bike and 4x4s and never had one let go.

Last edited:

2WHLFUN

Apr 27, 2022
Trinidad, CO
I put a 27.5” rear wheel on with cushcore and a 2.6” wide Eddy Current tire. Also installed an MRP ramp control module in my ZEB fork. Lastly I installed 150mm cranks since the wheel change would drop the bottom bracket.
IMG_2407.jpeg
IMG_2408.jpeg

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I bought some RIpOff Sillicone Shine and sprayed my bikes stanchions.
On my ride everytime me pedal is about 4oclock on the drive side I hear a weird sound like a horse hooves.

stop the bike and push down and up on the front fork, the rubber seal is now sticking to the stanchion a tiny bit.... so much for smoother suspension...

I've got some Hyper wiper oil waiting for me at an amazon locker though.
I've been wasting the Sillicone shine on my kitchen cupboard doors, fake leather couch etc. it's basically furniture polish for 3x the price but with a bubble gum smell

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@Ark Our revered site owner Rob recommended Silicone Shine to me after he had used it on a bike that I had sold him for his youngster. He posted a pic of the bike and it looked so good I nearly asked for it back!

Anyway, my black alloy wheel rims started off a nice satin finish black but after miles of grinding through mud and/or dry sand, they were looking very sad, a sort of matt finish very dark grey. A quick application of Silicone Shine (strawberry flavour) and a wipe with a dry cloth and they look as good as new! Worth the price for that alone. :D

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
@Ark Our revered site owner Rob recommended Silicone Shine to me after he had used it on a bike that I had sold him for his youngster. He posted a pic of the bike and it looked so good I nearly asked for it back!

Anyway, my black alloy wheel rims started off a nice satin finish black but after miles of grinding through mud and/or dry sand, they were looking very sad, a sort of matt finish very dark grey. A quick application of Silicone Shine (strawberry flavour) and a wipe with a dry cloth and they look as good as new! Worth the price for that alone. :D
I only bought it because it says you can use it on stanctions, it does make them look smooth and shiny but it seems tocreate friction on the Dust Wipers, maybe I should have used less and let it dry before cycling the suspension or something.
For my frame and wheels I usually just spray Gt85 on a rag and wipe my bike down with it, but I don't think it's safe on rubber so never touched my suspensions moving parts with it.

if that doesnt work this stuff is pretty good, it uses ptfe
I already picked up the Hyper Wiper and it worked a treat :D back to smooth suspension again and no noise

rsp-hyper-wiper-50-ml.jpg

It's probably just rebranded Sewing Machine oil at 10x the price ;)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I only bought it because it says you can use it on stanctions, it does make them look smooth and shiny but it seems tocreate friction on the Dust Wipers, maybe I should have used less and let it dry before cycling the suspension or something.
On all my stanchions I just use an ordinary wet lube (never use a dry lube, it has solvents in it). After cleaning the bike and ensuring the stanchions are dry, I put a line of lube around the stanchions close to the wiper seal and then cycle them up and down. If any muck is floated up (rare) I wipe off and repeat until I get no more muck. Then wipe clean and I'm done. Never had any problems. I always get a clean bill of health from the suspension service people. I use TF Tuned for preference, but everyone seems to have very similar prices and response times.

Last edited:

RiderOnTheStorm

For shorter 40-50 miles, half day rides with my full fat, I seldom used the full capacity of my 625Wh battery (Bosch CX gen 4 motor). Riding mostly in Tour mode with occasional EMTB, I would typically return home with 50% capacity left.

To save some weight, I purchased a 500Wh Bosch Powertube battery (BBP280) along with a 500-to-625Wh aluminum adapter, pictured below.

After bolting this extension piece to the 500Wh battery, the whole thing would fit nicely in my 625Wh compartment. No adjustment needed, perfect fit and a weight reduction of about 0.5kg.

And I can also use this second 500Wh battery to extend my range on longer rides and carry it in my backpack (battery weighs about 2.9kg).

Having the ability to swap batteries of different capacity to adapt to my rides is great in my opinion. (y)
bosch-powertube-adapter-500-625.jpg

Last edited:

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Now then, I’ve never used Ali Express before but someone on here mentioned they’re getting genuine Odi grips from there, so thought I’d give it a go.

Just been delivered in less than a week, cost me £2.38 including delivery. Bargain 😀

Nice soft thick rubber too
£2.38? Blimey! :cool:

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Just bought some Specialized 2fo Roost Flat Syn shoes, arriving tomorrow (hopefully). Have same shoes in leather but they're getting knackered. Fit my pronated duck feet perfectly, hope the new ones are the same fit.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
It can be very lonely in a dark basement, so I bought my Large 2022 Trek FS 9 . . . "a little brother" last week.
It's a Medium 2022 Trek FS 4 off Craigs List with only 135 miles on it. I had a 2021 Giant Explore GTS 2 as a back up Ebike, but sold it as it was only a hard tail.

Both bikes have the same Bosch Performance CX 85 Nm motor. Same shock travel too. 120 mm front/100 rear. Which is fine for me as I'm more of a single track, Xcountry type rider. At age 74, my bones are too brittle, so I avoid going up and down any rocky, rooty type mountain trails.

I can now see how frame size can be a tough call for many of us on the height cusp when deciding between a medium and a large. I used to be 5' 9", but I've shrunk in height over the years closer to 5' 8". Both models have 29 inch wheels and I thought I preferred a large frame. After Covid, all models and sizes were still scarce, so I gravited to larges for my last two Emtb purchases.

But after now using the similar model in a medium, it definitely fits like a glove! The medium is more poppy and nimble. Dropper seat posts on both really help, but even though I adjusted the seat forward and rolled the handle bars back to improve the feel of the large's cockpit . . . the large now feel like a tank against the medium! So owning both sizes now, I would definitely suggest anyone on the cusp between sizes to go and test drive several sizes (any brand) at a local dealer to get a better feel for the size differences before buying.

FS4 is 5 lbs lighter and the tires are 2.3 in width against the 2.4 FS9.

Trek makes some classy colors and logos. This one is in their Metallic Gunmetal. Tip: Trek now sells model specific touchup paint for $14.95 a bottle with free shipping to a local Trek store. (my local auto store sells auto touch up for $22.95 and the match is not even close).

Stock photo:

Screen Shot.png

Last edited:

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
I picked up some new wheels for the Levo this week.

There was a 25% off early summer sale at Hunt, plus they were giving a further £40 off voucher for signing up to the mailing list so I picked up the E_Enduro Wides for £304 vs the usual £449

37mm rim, steel hub. These should provide a sturdy upgrade from the long suffering rovals which I never found too bad.... but the bearings are shot again in both wheels and also in need of a true. They can drop to spares.
20230606_145241.jpg

20230606_145339.jpg
20230606_145407.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles