What did you buy your ebike this week?

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
o the shame…..a dorky mud guard…..
View attachment 113609
Have you ridden with that fender yet if so does it rattle? How is it attached by zip ties or is it model specific? Does it use bolts into hole in your frame?

None of us likes fenders, but for me they are a necessary evil. I never got the joy that some riders have of a line of mud going from your ass to your head or coating your back pack or having to change your clothes before getting into your vehicle just to drive home 🤔

Great heavy duty locking system you have there Dave. . . smart 👍🏻

Last edited:

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
Have you ridden with that fender yet if so does it rattle? How is it attached by zip ties or is it model specific? Does it use bolts into hole in your frame?

None of us likes fenders, but for me they are a necessary evil. I never got the joy that some riders have of a line of mud going from your ass to your head or coating your back pack or having to change your clothes before getting into your vehicle just to drive home 🤔

Great heavy duty locking system you have there Dave. . . smart 👍🏻
zip ties. not used it yet.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................may never use it

RiderOnTheStorm

Acid (by Cube in Germany) also makes shorter, more emtb community-friendly ;) mud guards that still give good protection for the bike (y)
acid.jpg

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Just ordered a new 2023 Levo SL frameset for my current 2019 Levo SL.
Not sure if that counts as buying something for my bike though 🙄

Tooks

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2020
Lincs UK
What did you think?

I can report after a couple of rides that I’m very happy with them.

SPD pedals are great, I’ve used them for years, but they really like a stiff soled cycling shoe.

With the Hope Trails, you can use a more comfort/flat oriented shoe and the extra support from the pedal is very noticeable and turns the flat shoes into something that feels more like the stiff SPD ‘roadie’ shoe I used to use.

Mud clearing seemed to work well, couple of times I’d had to put my foot down into the gloop/clag, and they re-engaged without fuss or drama.

They’re also good pedals for wearing without a cleat shoe, for popping down to the shops or out for a pub ride, can wear trainers or whatever and plenty of grip with the supplied studs screwed in.

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
Oddly enough I've been looking at these also.
How have you found cycling with it?

Cheers

It’s pretty fantastic, tbh. The Priority is a rigid frame, so anything helps. But what’s surprised me is how much it’s helped. Rough pavement feels like cruising a nicely paved bike trail, and gravel and singletrack are not nearly as crotch-busting as they were.

The PNW dropper on my Trek Powerfly 5 had some give to it, but it’s not nearly as effective as the suspension post. I never really felt comfortable using the dropper, so it’s going in the To Be Sold pile; and, I’m sticking with suspension seat posts going forward.

audistwo

Jan 3, 2023
Angus
It’s pretty fantastic, tbh. The Priority is a rigid frame, so anything helps. But what’s surprised me is how much it’s helped. Rough pavement feels like cruising a nicely paved bike trail, and gravel and singletrack are not nearly as crotch-busting as they were.

The PNW dropper on my Trek Powerfly 5 had some give to it, but it’s not nearly as effective as the suspension post. I never really felt comfortable using the dropper, so it’s going in the To Be Sold pile; and, I’m sticking with suspension seat posts going forward.
Brilliant, that's all I needed to hear.
That's my next purchase sorted for my Cube.

Appreciate it.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
How is the plastic? I have a grey version and the plastic is too soft and even when I gently push the bottle it leaks water.
Strange that, I have the grey version and mine has never leaked even when squeezed, admittedly I do tighten it up hard though 😎

RiderOnTheStorm

I was looking for good alternatives to clipless pedals and wanted to try something different, more forgiving than clipless but with a solid foot lock and ways to easily unclip without doing some painful knee twist or rotation. I came across the Enduro 2 magnetic pedals from Magped.

Nice machined aluminum platform, plenty of pins, and very impressed by the strong 200N magnets. I'm getting ready to fit them on the bike.

Hopefully they will work out for me. Has anyone tried these already?

magped.jpg

Last edited:

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I bought a light but didn't want to spend crazy money
1300xxl from Lezyne and a 300 rear light.

probably fine I'd imagine for lightweight trails in the dark.
I was considering exposure lights but not really happy to drop a few hundred on a light without being able to witness it in person.

Untitled.jpg

I know some people hate the lezyne straps but I've had a 400lumen one on my gravel bike for years that still holds a charge fine and I've never had an issue with it so..

Ebike specific lights reserving a percentage of the battery puts me right off them.

I'm thinking about hope 5 hubs now but I should probably weight until the bearings/wheels on my current bike need servicing before I replace them I guess.

A06

Mar 9, 2023
Corona, CA
Just ordered another set of Oneup bars. The RF Carbon bars were way to stiff for my liking so going back to whats familiar/known rather than keep dumping $ trying new stuff.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles