KlaasNorg

Jul 22, 2021
Netherlands
IMG_1014(1).jpg

Could not resist these oil slick one up pedals

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I bought a new saddle Ergon SM E-Mountain Core Prime, I already fitted it and can't be bothered to go and take a photo so here's the next best thing

IMG_20230425_011809.jpg

Expensive but super comfortable for my wide backside, The seat that came with my bike whilst padded wasn't quite wide enough and made me feel a little sore.
Untitledcgcg.jpg

This one has a slope at the rear to offer support whilst riding up hill too :D

Next Upgrade for me is probably some fancy pedals, currently I just have some really cheap Bontrager Elite flat pedals that cost about £25 lol...
I was planning to steal the pedals off my other bike but it's been 190miles or so and I haven't bothered to yet..

They are only nylon race face anyway so not a whole lot better.

Might get my some hope pedals

Last edited:

RiderOnTheStorm

I was looking for some larger pedals for my size 11 and found the new Atlas pedals from Race Face. Installed them on my Scott eRide Strike and been very happy with them. They are about 118 x 120 x 14, so a comfortable platform size. Also light at ~370g. They came with 20 sharp pins each. Gotta love canadian design! (y)

Last edited:

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
While I didn’t ride this past winter, I did spend money on the e-bikes.

Picked up pedal extenders off Amazon for both ebikes. I’m terribly pleased with how my hip is better aligned with my ankle while pedaling with these things.

IMG_0360.jpg

As for the Priority, it’s gotten several goodies:

Enormous flat pedals, cheapies from Amazon. These things are like pedaling on platforms. I love ‘em.

IMG_0359.jpg

Fresh tires for the Priority, too. I’ve decided I HATE the WTB gum wall tires. Not because the rolling surface is bad or anything, but because sealant seeps from the sidewalls making the wheels a weepy, gooey mess AND they just lose 10–15 pounds of air pressure daily. Not fun, do not recommend.

Just installed a set of Teravail Rutland tires and am hoping they’ll be a better choice.

IMG_0362.png

Also, shorter crank arms. Went from 170 mm to 165 mm, and I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to get around to this upgrade.

IMG_0361.png

New brakes, too! Shimano Deore BR-MT420 brake set: BL-M4100 brake levers and BR-MT420 4-piston calipers.

IMG_0363.jpg

Decided to try out a suspension seat post on the Priority. I like it so much I’ve uninstalled the PNW dropper from the Trek MTB and have another of these suspension posts on order for it.

IMG_0358.png

Lastly (for now), I picked up a Burley Minnow for cheap off FB Marketplace. Removed the child’s seat assembly, and now it’s a primo dog carrying trailer. Because the dachsie must come with—though I’ve only brought the ancient Norwich terrier along once. He’s 17, deaf, blind, and has doggie dementia. I could not tell if he was having fun or not.

IMG_0206.jpg

Last edited:

FirstAscent

Apr 5, 2023
Portland
Do you ever lie to yourself? 😂 I said I wasn’t going to get one even though I knew it was only a matter of time haha.
Since I had upgraded to AXS shifter/derailleur, I finally got the Reverb AXS dropper. I got the 34.9/170mm model

Second, sneak peak at a new tire which will be one of the final touches to my new build/theme. Should be ready for a full reveal next week after one more important piece shows up

IMG_1625.jpeg IMG_1626.jpeg

RiderOnTheStorm

I continued to upgrade my mid-range bike, slightly lowering its weight with a carbon handlebar. Something I always wanted to try to reduce bar vibrations (my hands tend to get numb on long rides). So I bought the Race Face SixC bar (20mm rise, 785mm width, UD carbon). First impression, it feels solid, has perfect angle and width from the get go (no cut needed for my needs). Of course it's light at ~220g. We'll see if my rides improve.

Last edited:

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
20230429_212942.jpg

Some colour coordinated cable ends (even I feel I've gone too far when I'm worrying about such things that you can't even see from a couple of meters away, but hey ho) and some cheap cable pliers to go with them. Because I want a professional looking crimp rather than the mashed by pliers look.

If only I put the same level of effort into working out how to ride the thing well.

FirstAscent

Apr 5, 2023
Portland
View attachment 113141

Some colour coordinated cable ends (even I feel I've gone too far when I'm worrying about such things that you can't even see from a couple of meters away, but hey ho) and some cheap cable pliers to go with them. Because I want a professional looking crimp rather than the mashed by pliers look.

If only I put the same level of effort into working out how to ride the thing well.
It’s the little things that count! I’m all about those little details including a proper crimp.
So completely understandable haha and normal to me :)

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
New pedals today. Always had Shimano SPDs for as long as I can remember, but thought I’d try some Hope Trails.

Test ride later, but the click in and out already feels really nice and a bit easier.

View attachment 113178
View attachment 113179

New pedals today. Always had Shimano SPDs for as long as I can remember, but thought I’d try some Hope Trails.

Test ride later, but the click in and out already feels really nice and a bit easier.

View attachment 113178
View attachment 113179
What did you think?

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Trek Powerfly came all black and pretty boring looking. Then I upgraded to purple trim. Now I went with red. Now I have 3 different outfits for my Trek. What the hell, I change my clothing outfits and now so does my Ebike 🤣.

But I still have not figured out my Trek's "personal pronoun" yet 🤔

I also have a red trimmed Ergon seat on the way to balance it off.

IMG_9975 2.jpeg 113468-e8211adf146707da222b95813ebb945b.jpg

Last edited:

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Enormous flat pedals, cheapies from Amazon. These things are like pedaling on platforms. I love ‘em.
I had some of those on my old bike.
but are they really high quality fakes or real :p
That was the question a bunch of reviews were pondering at the time when I ordered some

They seemed legit though with the packaging etc I got and the bearings seem to last just fine as did the pedals

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
I had some of those on my old bike.
but are they really high quality fakes or real :p
That was the question a bunch of reviews were pondering at the time when I ordered some

They seemed legit though with the packaging etc I got and the bearings seem to last just fine as did the pedals

Only have a couple hundred miles on them so far. The bearings are holding up well to the sand and dust, but they sure get dirty fast.

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Great saddle choice (y) I also use the Ergon SM Pro, "Risky Red" trim. Took the risk and found it rather comfortable even on longer rides.
Thanks Rider. Ya I actually have been using Ergon's SM E-Mountain Core Prime version over last season and it's been great. No numbness even on 2 hour rides for me. I'm hoping this SM Pro is just as comfortable because think it's a tad narrower and $50 cheaper than the one I use now. . . . Weird the way Ergon has so many saddle models yet only a few models available in trim other than black. The SM Pro comes in black, red or blue.

Last edited:

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
If I recall the SM E-Mountain Core Prime has thicker padding than fhe SM Pro which in turn has better padding than the SM Enduro Comp. Definitely difficult to make an informed decision with Ergon saddles in my opinion.
That's why I bought it from Amazon as they have a liberal return policy. I'll try it for a few rides and see if the comfort level is close to the Core Prime and it's something I can live with. I don't run up and down rock fields and roots on the mountains as I'm 74. I'm more single track and XCountry rider. If the Pro works for me, I'll keep my Core Prime as a back up spare as after a spill or mishap I've seen many saddles take a hit and rip on the outside corners.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles